what are the best hl1 compile tools?

mike-0

Oh yeah, didn't notice that. You could make the structure that the lights are fitted to into a func_wall. This should stop it causing the face splitting on the back wall that is resulting in the line on the left. If you then made a 1 unit gap between the lights themselves and the structure, you won't get face splitting between it and the lights (brush entities still cause face splits with other brush entities, just not world entities). It might look bad to have that 1 unit gap depending on the angle the player sees this from, so its up to you whether its worth saving the polys or just putting up with the face splits in order to have them flush.

Did you try and get funky with some RAD options? Looks like you set the chop value to something high, or something to that effect. In HL1, "-chop 16" is a nice looking value to use IIRC, and 32 is the highest you should ever have to go (unless you're doing something crazy like flatshading). Lower is better, by the way.

Then again maybe this is something else entirely.

ok i fixed the face lighting splitting thing, new problem. fucked up lighting (i circled it). i was thinking maybe if i extended the upper floor to be wider towards the center of the room, but id really rather not do that.

wtf0cc.jpg

by the way i dont akimbo uzi, auto is for nubs

What about trying another compiler build?:D The many last releases of ZHLT have been more or less bugged. We want Merl or Sean back, they could code proper compilers:)

did that.

but i fixed that problem, it actually had to do with those point lights i had the original problem from being too bright.

i plan on adding a window to the roof

Did you compile with -smooth?

does that do what it sounds like?