The voice behind Alyx Vance

marque_pierre

Lots of the characters in HL2 were modelled after the voice actors too.. there's a bunch of comparison photos in that HL2 book you could/can buy. Valve clearly have some kind of fetish with giving their characters more depth, even if 99% of people will never know.

Lots of the characters in HL2 were modelled after the voice actors too.. there's a bunch of comparison photos in that HL2 book you could/can buy. Valve clearly have some kind of fetish with giving their characters more depth, even if 99% of people will never know.

Luckily the 1% that does know posts at Mapcore :)

Eli Vance was modeled after a bum I believe

Kleiner was some Lawyer on the floor above valve

I think the Bum one is teh coolest. Hey dude can we take some pics for $100

Eli Vance was modeled after a bum I believe

Kleiner was some Lawyer on the floor above valve

I think the Bum one is teh coolest. Hey dude can we take some pics for $100

aye~~/me pets raising the bar~

Max Payne has been modelled after real people too, in the first one Sam Lake (Sami Järvi) the writer of Max Payne, and second one after Timothy Gibbs since they were "in the money" so they could hire a real actor to pose as the charater and do the comicbook cutscenes.

The strangest part is that, why they didn't model Max after James McCaffrey who just looks too badass, and has actually played several quite similar roles.

Max Payne has been modelled after real people too, in the first one Sam Lake (Sami Järvi) the writer of Max Payne, and second one after Timothy Gibbs since they were "in the money" so they could hire a real actor to pose as the charater and do the comicbook cutscenes.

The strangest part is that, why they didn't model Max after James McCaffrey who just looks too badass, and has actually played several quite similar roles.

I'd always thought Mel Gibson...

payback2.jpeg

:P

Oh and yes, all this is in 'Raising the Bar' - Valve had one physical model and one voice actor.