De_against_the_grain

Epic

Hey everyone, Short simple post!

Working on a simple wingman map with a small twist!

Terrorist Have managed to make their way to the cities only storage facility for grain and have plans to destroy it cutting off the food supply for this remote city.

Whats the twist you ask? Simple the Terrorist spawn much closer to the site than CT's to promote more bomb plants which rarely happen in traditional wingman

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2658232301

What was the playtesters' response to all the silos? Cs players really love to hold/peek their corners so I imagine all the round curves might become fatiguing

Just based on your video I thought the layout was very difficult to read, so I downloaded the map to check it out myself. Couldn't really play it due to missing props but I guess between the video and the radar I can piece it together

IMO, the large cluster of silos makes for an awkward shape to place centrally in the map, and may be disorienting to first-time players

Got a bit carried away with this but my point is I think using simple bold shapes would work better as a central point;

radar2b2.png.a466c3341e76fc73a0605710478f96ee.png

Edited by ThunderKeil

1 hour ago, ThunderKeil said:

What was the playtesters' response to all the silos? Cs players really love to hold/peek their corners so I imagine all the round curves might become fatiguing

Just based on your video I thought the layout was very difficult to read, so I downloaded the map to check it out myself. Couldn't really play it due to missing props but I guess between the video and the radar I can piece it together

IMO, the large cluster of silos makes for an awkward shape to place centrally in the map, and may be disorienting to first-time players

Got a bit carried away with this but my point is I think using simple bold shapes would work better as a central point;

radar2b2.png.a466c3341e76fc73a0605710478f96ee.png

Right, the whole concept of the map is to go against the grain, the name is a play on the theme. To get away from the norms, like Terrorists having control of the bomb site first ect. 

regarding the missing textures Thats my fault i forgot to pack them into the bsp!

I appreciate the feedback! not sure how I will address this as of yet but will keep in in mind for the future if further feedback relays the same message. As from the previous two test the main feedback was cover and too simple from test 1 and test 2 had alot of long sightlines which this version addressed. there has been little to no feedback regarding the silos 

Edited by Epic

18 minutes ago, zastels said:

I really like this map, I ran around in it and I'm impressed by the planning of it. I really like the theme, and it seems on the right track. I dig the corn and the windmill, all the angles are pretty crisp even if they're bails of hay. 

I have a few points to give you, and that is that your map is mostly very flat with one meaningful level change on the right side with the house, but the left side has almost no options just a narrow opening. The right side of the map seems better than the left right now. Encounter time may be to fast to my personal taste. 

Thank you! Yeah working on elevation on such a small layout has been a challenge for me. Im brain storming a couple options with a few ppl and hopefully we can figure something out!