The Matrix Resurrections

blackdog

• 3 weeks later...

Even IGN gave it a 4/10 lol.

Dunno, might have such low expectations that I could find it watchable, but surely don’t expect it to bring back the good times of the first.

PS: my best friend told me it’s also suffering of the megalomaniac complex of almost three hour runtime

Edited by blackdog

Heh... It wasn't very good, imho.

Minor spoilers bellow, so stop reading if you intend to watch the movie. 

I usually don't like when games/movies/books break the fourth wall, it's nearly impossible to do well, and Matrix 4 does it countless times and it always falls flat. They LITERALLY tell you in a dialogue scene, that Warner Bros really wants to make a sequel, and it'll get done with or without them, so they might as well do it... even if they don't see any point in it, or even want to do it. What the fuck man!

The fighting/shooting scenes make zero sense, there's this fighting scene where the Merovingian tells you this as well. Lol (again shitty breaking fourth wall attempts)

In the originals every fighting scene had something important. Remenber the subway fighting scene? First time anyone ever fought an agent. Remenber the dojo scene? First time he's fighting inside a simulation. Even in the sequels had scenes where fighting made some sense, like Neo fighting the keymakers guardian. On resurrections they throw matrix zombies at you that contextually actually could make sense, but it's just canon fodder, an excuse for action scenes. 

Why the fuck did they swap the actors? Morpheus feels so wrong, wtf is with that pink suit? And the new cast for Mr Smith looks like an actor straight out of a teen Saturday morning show. If you can't get the original actors, just write new ones man, i don't get it.

There's some good things here and there in the movie, I actually like the very ending of all things. The message of the importance of strength, unity and the duality of love is fairly good. The One isn't able to be the One without his muse that completes him. Together, they're both the One. Slightly superficial but whatever it actually worked for me.

I'm also glad the movie is free of woke nonsense.

Whatever... I'd wait to watch it on streaming later, I'm glad I did. It's a mildly entertaining movie, but I think I would be pissed off if I had lost the time getting my ass into a cinema room to see this.

1 hour ago, -HP- said:

Heh... It wasn't very good, imho.

Minor spoilers bellow, so stop reading if you intend to watch the movie. 

I usually don't like when games/movies/books break the fourth wall, it's nearly impossible to do well, and Matrix 4 does it countless times and it always falls flat. They LITERALLY tell you in a dialogue scene, that Warner Bros really wants to make a sequel, and it'll get done with or without them, so they might as well do it... even if they don't see any point in it, or even want to do it. What the fuck man!

The fighting/shooting scenes make zero sense, there's this fighting scene where the Merovingian tells you this as well. Lol (again shitty breaking fourth wall attempts)

In the originals every fighting scene had something important. Remenber the subway fighting scene? First time anyone ever fought an agent. Remenber the dojo scene? First time he's fighting inside a simulation. Even in the sequels had scenes where fighting made some sense, like Neo fighting the keymakers guardian. On resurrections they throw matrix zombies at you that contextually actually could make sense, but it's just canon fodder, an excuse for action scenes. 

Why the fuck did they swap the actors? Morpheus feels so wrong, wtf is with that pink suit? And the new cast for Mr Smith looks like an actor straight out of a teen Saturday morning show. If you can't get the original actors, just write new ones man, i don't get it.

There's some good things here and there in the movie, I actually like the very ending of all things. The message of the importance of strength, unity and the duality of love is fairly good. The One isn't able to be the One without his muse that completes him. Together, they're both the One. Slightly superficial but whatever it actually worked for me.

I'm also glad the movie is free of woke nonsense.

Whatever... I'd wait to watch it on streaming later, I'm glad I did. It's a mildly entertaining movie, but I think I would be pissed off if I had lost the time getting my ass into a cinema room to see this.

I think I agree with the gist of your post. It was just ok, nothing special.

Some fun visuals but also some murky ugly visuals, and the fight scenes were truly awful.

• 2 weeks later...