Games Soundtracks Thread

On 8/19/2021 at 10:38 AM, blackdog said:

I do, some 😄 haven’t played much and as regularly, but just look at the what are you playing topic ;)  It’s mostly that I’d like to play on the TV, and despite I have a gaming laptop, I can never be arsed to move it in the living room unless I’m playing LEGO with my partner 😅

For MGS, I never had a PS before the 4, and tried MGS1 for PC after I had played Splinter Cell, so I wrote off the franchise as too clunky back then. I did buy Ground Zeroes to try and see the modern experience tho, but haven’t got round to it, other priorities.

I want you to create a thread, and post daily progress on either DX1 or MGS3. They're widely regarded as some of the best games of their era, so it could be fun for you and ourselves to document your journey with these old but epic games.

I_want_you.jpg

2 hours ago, Bunglo said:

This Golden Axe II OST sounds really nice, I like it!

1 hour ago, dux said:

Can't believe I forgot this classic 

The "Keep the grooving" track at 13:22 sounds a bit similar to Hong Kong Synapse (WanChai district) track in Deus Ex OST

One more I forgot about from the same Lee Jackson of Duke Nukem 3D

Shadow Warrior 1997

Okinoww!a "Main Theme" (Lee Jackson)

On 8/23/2021 at 10:14 AM, ┌HP┘ said:

I want you to create a thread, and post daily progress on either DX1 or MGS3. They're widely regarded as some of the best games of their era, so it could be fun for you and ourselves to document your journey with these old but epic games.

I_want_you.jpg

On 8/23/2021 at 12:32 PM, Bunglo said:

@blackdog what HP said. We can always reinstate that petition to ban you instead if you're not up for it.

So much love guys 😆 well I only just managed to slain my second troll in God of War… I need to finish this game before starting anything else. As for daily it’s an ambitious objective, I struggle getting the chance to play two nights in a row! Last night I set to do it and was falling asleep pad in hand 😕 

Edited by blackdog

I realized a long time ago that the real reason GTAV is so amazing is because of the pause music. I can't believe the music is a selection of stems from a rejected Tangerine Dream song :X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlJNx5ueUCA

Edited by AlexM