Steam Deck

Izuno

15 hours ago, zastels said:

I'm not into VR, if these are a big success and can compete with the Switch, maybe it'll lead Valve back to what they used to do best.

Seems like HL2 is getting a bug update, 15 years a bit late but it goes to show that something is stirring inside Valve. 

It's just my opinion but my biggest criticism of Valve is they don't value their own products as much as the community does. If this piece of hardware makes them go back and fix things, well thank God I guess. 

If you'd work on a thing for 20 years you'd be hard pressed to go back and fix stuff as well, it's different from a fan perspective than it is from the dev's. Valve at least doesn't punish the community for fixing things like some of the other corporations do.

12 hours ago, zastels said:

Where is Valve's focus? Nobody on Earth wants to play Alyx or Artifact. The Alyx SDK is a waste of time because nobody plays Alyx. I bet Valve could make more money focusing on their back catalogue of games that people actually play!

Don't think making money is the primary drive for them at this point either. They do make a lot but i don't think they ever released something that was a pure cash grab. Alyx was the complete opposite actually.

Edited by Buddy

• 3 weeks later...
Hello <name>
The launch of Steam Deck will be delayed by two months. We're sorry about this—we did our best to work around the global supply chain issues, but due to material shortages, components aren’t reaching our manufacturing facilities in time for us to meet our initial launch dates.
Based on our updated build estimates, Steam Deck will start shipping February 2022. This will be the new start date of the reservation queue—you will keep your place in line but dates will shift back accordingly. Reservation date estimates will be updated shortly after this announcement.
Again, we're sorry we won’t be able to make our original ship date. We'll continue working to improve reservation dates based on the new timeline, and will keep you updated as we go.
To view your updated expected order availability and FAQ, please visit the Steam Deck store page.

Cheers,
The Steam Team

1 hour ago, Izuno said:
Hello <name>
The launch of Steam Deck will be delayed by two months. We're sorry about this—we did our best to work around the global supply chain issues, but due to material shortages, components aren’t reaching our manufacturing facilities in time for us to meet our initial launch dates.
Based on our updated build estimates, Steam Deck will start shipping February 2022. This will be the new start date of the reservation queue—you will keep your place in line but dates will shift back accordingly. Reservation date estimates will be updated shortly after this announcement.
Again, we're sorry we won’t be able to make our original ship date. We'll continue working to improve reservation dates based on the new timeline, and will keep you updated as we go.
To view your updated expected order availability and FAQ, please visit the Steam Deck store page.

Cheers,
The Steam Team

<name> is gonna be disappointed.

That was to be expected seeing the ongoing GPU shortages (and to a lesser extent CPUs), as well as chatter of potential future shortage of RAM and SSDs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

15 hours ago, will2k said:

<name> is gonna be disappointed.

That was to be expected seeing the ongoing GPU shortages (and to a lesser extent CPUs), as well as chatter of potential future shortage of RAM and SSDs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

If the email has gone out like that I can legitimately apply for a job at Valve. @Izuno did you just protect your ID or found a generic shot online?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...