Battery

Jim F Kennedy

Posted (edited)

Heres a bit of progress on the map so far.

x684ML5.jpg

Middle is coming along well, after some testing I decided to open up this area fully.

dK6kTpy.jpg

g4fc8E5.jpg

CT Spawn is almost finished, just need to do some clipping and whatnot and it should be ready to go.

2OyADfG.jpg

Edited by JimFKennedy

I really like the way CT Spawn looks. For middle I haven't checked it out in game but maybe you will want to add a little more contrast there. It all looks quite flat, grey and same-y, even though the lighting does help out a bit. 

Edit: I checked it out in game now.

From CT side all is fine but as a T I didn't have the faintest clue where to expect engagement in mid. And even after I had picked out where the defense spots were, it was hard to judge depth. Colored walls or some plants would really help with guiding attention to the right spots and giving sharp edges or features by which to understand the space. Also dividing focus between that big wooden box to the right and the far back position (CT spawn entrance) felt uncomfortable.

On another note, I really love the theming on the path from T Spawn into B through long. My only grievance here is the really awkward path to the double doors. Walking in circles feels bad and it significantly increases rotate times since you essentially have to walk that entire section, if the bomb was planted on B. 

I do really like the map though, so keep it up!

Cheers

Edited by Freaky_Banana

1 hour ago, Freaky_Banana said:

I really like the way CT Spawn looks. For middle I haven't checked it out in game but maybe you will want to add a little more contrast there. It all looks quite flat, grey and same-y, even though the lighting does help out a bit. 

Edit: I checked it out in game now.

From CT side all is fine but as a T I didn't have the faintest clue where to expect engagement in mid. And even after I had picked out where the defense spots were, it was hard to judge depth. Colored walls or some plants would really help with guiding attention to the right spots and giving sharp edges or features by which to understand the space. Also dividing focus between that big wooden box to the right and the far back position (CT spawn entrance) felt uncomfortable.

On another note, I really love the theming on the path from T Spawn into B through long. My only grievance here is the really awkward path to the double doors. Walking in circles feels bad and it significantly increases rotate times since you essentially have to walk that entire section, if the bomb was planted on B. 

I do really like the map though, so keep it up!

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback,

Visibility is quite shoddy at Mid but I'll give it a spit n' polish.

As for the rest, i'll see what I can do.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

7CRUcjv.jpg

Updated the workshop with some more shit.

For this update, I worked mainly on the T-Spawn to Bombsite A lane, trying to build up the greybox-ing for this area.

WJzJFmq.jpg

Instead of some more boulders, I removed them and added a power station to the facility, this will change the angles from "Truck" to "Nest".

Still got lots to do though :D

Edited by JimFKennedy

Posted (edited)

Little update again...

RhPplbT.jpg

Replaced thick as fuck walls with sheet metal, still need to brighten up this area though.

184N76t.jpg

Moved the car, because stairs are for people? (And they're clipped now :D)

hQqtMzK.jpg

After careful consideration... wall, with arrow.

Edited by JimFKennedy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

nBiWth8.jpg

Did some significant improvements to Middle/Bombsite B, because I didn't like the original look.

CU4fDrB.jpg

Added more cover to Middle because a few people said it should. I also reduced the amount of props because it didn't look as good.

xgbOPrU.jpg

The 3D skybox I originally added was quite boring, it was literally just black mountains. This update improves that.

There was also a bunch of FPS increases all across the board thanks to actually optimising the map properly.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

20210616235809_1.thumb.jpg.e02f771c7f800c9b1cb3bf496ed4cc8a.jpg

Back with an update for this month, as the map is getting close to release.

One of the big changes to the map was moving to the Wingman mode, and decreasing the maps size, there we're a few reasons why I did this (but the main one is I fucking hated Bombsite A)

20210616235852_1.thumb.jpg.7ee0880a9cb5bfb3f5b7c24f47d7fe0f.jpg

The centre 'Chimney House' is nearly finished, just finalising the look of it, and you'll also notice some new interiors.

Alongside these changes is just a few model changes, improvements to some displacements, reflections and performance, as well as improved blend modulate effects.

Aiming for a June release, or somewhere around that.

Oh shit almost forgot, ice... lots of ice... just look into the ocean, or around the docks.

Edited by JimFKennedy

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, zombi said:

Looks good. A lot of props fade out too early and minimap is missing.

Well fuck, i'll get on those right away.

Edit: lol fixed.

Edited by JimFKennedy

Posted (edited)

Battery has finally released! After 6 gruelling months of laziness and occasionally doing stuff.

(though I should've said this like a couple of days ago)

batterypin.png.4fcea1b63fb213eba9a69df542e89320.png

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2542050335

Edited by JimFKennedy