Aliens rules but it didn’t make the action look like a zombie wave shooter. I always remember the first Alien where one literally took down a dozen people using cunning or whatever. It still needs to not trash the IP by making the aliens braindead

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Off Topic: Are game journalists relevant anymore? Were they ever relevant bar a few individuals? Youtubers and Streamers are where people go to get an a real opinion on X these days.

Alright, let's check this out:   Seems like they nailed the pacing, quiet moments to let players prepare and more chaotic ones with special infected in the mix. Three moments I lik

Well, depends on your perspective; I'd say instead that journalism as a concept is simply shifting into a different medium Video youtube killed the radio bloated corpse of legacy media star

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, dux said:

I dunno why it's so hard to just make the AvP 2 Marine campaign into a full game :v 

Horror is always going to be difficult. Most people think jump scares and gore is what makes it, but real horror is hard to get right. I'm not surprised there aren't many people tackling that. Making a good game in general is hard as it is, but combining it with that horror element is a huge task. And in the end it's only gonna appeal to a niche market, so it's already a tough sell. Look at how Dead Space ended. 

Have you played AvP2? It's not difficult to replicate that or even expand upon it, there's a big fanbase for the AvP2 Marine campaign and it's super disappointing that it never got any better than that. Gearbox came along promising the world but fucked it way beyond anyone thought possible. This Fireteam game is just grasping for the lowest hanging fruit, and it will no doubt be praised purely for being better than that piss stain Colonial Marines. Dead Space is an entirely different subject matter.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, it's one of my favorite games, especially the marine campaign. But I wonder how many people know that game even exists. It's in publishing hell currently. There's no way to purchase it except from people reselling old physical copies or pirating it. No One Lives Forever is in the same boat actually, there's a whole article on it if you want to read: https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150227/14420330165/no-copyright-lives-forever-how-apathy-ip-rights-holders-about-their-copyrights-killed-game-re-release.shtml

I don't know, it might seem not that difficult to replicate for us, but it's so easy to get obvious things so so wrong. I'd like to see something like it though.

Edited by Radu
1 minute ago, dux said:

Perhaps the core should branch out with it's own game dev team. We could resurrect classics and show AAA publisher monkeys how it's done. :v 

The first and most crucial step is good taste...

1 hour ago, dux said:

Perhaps the core should branch out with its own game dev team. We could resurrect classics and show AAA publisher monkeys how it's done. :v 

Only if Unknown Worlds acts as supporting studio ;)