• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Off Topic: Are game journalists relevant anymore? Were they ever relevant bar a few individuals? Youtubers and Streamers are where people go to get an a real opinion on X these days.

Alright, let's check this out:   Seems like they nailed the pacing, quiet moments to let players prepare and more chaotic ones with special infected in the mix. Three moments I lik

Well, depends on your perspective; I'd say instead that journalism as a concept is simply shifting into a different medium Video youtube killed the radio bloated corpse of legacy media star

Posted Images

On 3/5/2021 at 12:36 PM, dux said:

Apart from the 3rd person animations looking super stiff and that annoying interview guy it looks pretty good :v 

I only watched a few minutes, but I found funny when the journo asks a question quite at the start, and the dev completely ignores him. Uncomfortable silence and then picks up from his script. Bless them.

On 3/9/2021 at 10:57 PM, dux said:

Off Topic: Are game journalists relevant anymore? Were they ever relevant bar a few individuals? Youtubers and Streamers are where people go to get an a real opinion on X these days.

I personally still prefer to read games journalism than watch/listen. I've come across very few streamers who aren't annoying a/f. Most of them seem completely unwilling to actually script their content in advance or edit down their resulting jibberish before uploading. It's also easier to read discreetly during work hours. :ninja:

22 hours ago, text_fish said:

I personally still prefer to read games journalism than watch/listen. I've come across very few streamers who aren't annoying a/f. Most of them seem completely unwilling to actually script their content in advance or edit down their resulting jibberish before uploading. It's also easier to read discreetly during work hours. :ninja:

Ye everybody saying that long form is the new standard and what people want… but if is all you offer then people don’t really have a choice.

What do you read these days? Every game mag or journo is on a wokeness path that obfuscates the content you really interested in.

To decide what I’ll buy/play I’ve been basing my judgment on gameplay extracts most of all for the last 15 years. I know nowadays they fudge these presentations more and more, but I haven’t been really disappointed since the original Prey. And I have so much back catalog that I only buy during sales, so there isn’t much to complain even if I at some point stumble on a bad title.

On 3/12/2021 at 12:36 PM, Radu said:

So we go from a single Alien is the world's most intelligent, deadly prey that makes you feel like a powerless n00b and ragequit after five seconds in Alien: Isolation, to shooting down waves of mindless Alien hordes and getting bored after five seconds in this game.

How about just a moderately paced, narrative singleplayer game in the Alien universe. They clearly have no idea wtf to do with this IP other than run it into the fucking ground.

6 hours ago, FMPONE said:

So we go from a single Alien is the world's most intelligent, deadly prey that makes you feel like a powerless n00b and ragequit after five seconds in Alien: Isolation, to shooting down waves of mindless Alien hordes and getting bored after five seconds in this game.

How about just a moderately paced, narrative singleplayer game in the Alien universe. They clearly have no idea wtf to do with this IP other than run it into the fucking ground.

I mean, that's what the sequel was about.