Aliens: Fireteam

Radu

I mean....you know.....well....in theory if it had pacing that...ok so yeah Aliens Colonial Marines had a lot of problems which...and...well the thing that worked about about Alien Isolation...what I'm really trying to say...........so look if this game can....

Meh nevermind.  I'm too cynical to pull together a coherent thought...but if...

I think what you're trying to say is that the game needs quiet moments punctuated by angry waves of aliens for it to work, similar to the film. And I would agree with that. I don't think they can afford not to deliver an aliens game after colonial marines.

Some things of interest from the steam store: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1549970/Aliens_Fireteam/

- cooperative third-person survival shooter, in squads of 3, either coop or with AI

- a series of replayable campaigns that evoke and expand upon the blockbuster films

- face overwhelming odds against over 20 enemy types, including 11 different Xenomorphs along the evolutionary scale from Facehuggers to Praetorians

- choose from five unique classes - Gunner, Demolisher, Technician, Doc and Recon - each with their own special abilities and character perks. Utilize an extensive arsenal of 30+ weapons and 70+ mods/attachments in your effort to eradicate the Alien threat. An innovative Perk Board modifies and improves your abilities, while a unique Challenge Card system alters the approach to each Campaign mission, offering a new experience with every playthrough

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Spoiler

image.png.9b3dedaed460521e0b808ff1b1daeed5.png

Edited by Radu

19 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

One of the most abused franchises of all time. Has there ever actually been a good Aliens game?

The original Aliens vs. Predator (2000), and to a lesser extent Aliens versus Predator 2 (2001) were fine video games for their era.

Also, Alien Isolation is a fantastic game, probably one of the scariest games I've ever played, and it looks damn amazing, I think @PogoP worked on it, if I'm not mistaken.

4 minutes ago, ┌HP┘ said:

Also, Alien Isolation is a fantastic game, probably one of the scariest games I've ever played, and it looks damn amazing, I think @PogoP worked on it, if I'm not mistaken.

I thought that game looked great, but didn't enjoy the gameplay one bit. I would have liked a photo mode...

I’m surprised to see this pushed through after every chance of proper sequels were squashed, and Ridley effing up the prequels.

I’m the sense that fans are interested, but I wonder how much interest this generates in new gamers that are too young to be into the franchise like we are.

Alright, let's check this out:

Seems like they nailed the pacing, quiet moments to let players prepare and more chaotic ones with special infected in the mix. Three moments I liked in particular where the one with the aliens that dropped from a vent on top of them, when the stalking alien attacked and retreated and the elevator bit. Classic moments adapted pretty well. Like, it genuinely seems like a solid foundation to expand on with post launch content. 

One thing that raised some red flags is that they seemed worried about the amount of content they have in, 4 campaign in total, and they avoided answering if a campaign takes around an hour to complete. I mean, I would definitely expect something very similar to a l4d campaign.

But it seems like it might be a fun coop shooter in the aliens universe. It's definitely not a horror experience, but at this point.. just give me something, anything! :D 

Edited by Radu