Ancient ruins in the depths of hell, what awaits you in Cinis Ignei?

Map P-link: m-xvShdI7Kiy

This started as me experimenting with Lava and initially creating what is now the central valley; the rest of the map kind of grew out of it. My first map in over 16 years, there was a lot of learning involved but I feel the end result speaks for itself in terms of quality and enjoyment, hopefully you'll agree! It's rather long, so expect a normal playthrough to last between half an hour and an hour. Enjoy! ❤️ 

20210224223816_1.jpg

Very atmospheric and refreshingly different from the dominant base/tech theme. The custom colored flames, red winds of tempest canyon and song choice to fit the mood of the map were all nice touches. The map probably feels lengthier than it really is because it is so easy to get lost in some areas that are a bit maze-like with samey low-poly architecture and lack of recognizable land marks. Having so few textures to work with if youre not doing a techbase themed map probably didnt help. The massive end battle also seems to heavily reward the player for camping at the entrance which makes it a lot less epic/intense. The ending portal was impressive! Still, the good easily outweighs the bad. Well deserved five stars.