Sign in to follow this  
dux

DIABLO FUCKING 2 FUCKING RESURRECTED

The thing that makes me uninterested in this remaster is the fact that it's a remaster. All hacks, exploits, game logic is still the same from 20 years ago. They aren't changing anything in the game's system.

In spite of that there is one thing that was enticing for me: they are keeping the same data that allows for mods, the same structure. If they fully support the mods, then the community could greatly expand the game.

Edited by 0kelvin

4 hours ago, 0kelvin said:

The thing that makes me uninterested in this remaster is the fact that it's a remaster. All hacks, exploits, game logic is still the same from 20 years ago. They aren't changing anything in the game's system.

What's the problem with that? For a refined experience you have the sequels, this is just nostalgia milk. What am I missing?

47 minutes ago, blackdog said:

What's the problem with that? For a refined experience you have the sequels, this is just nostalgia milk. What am I missing?

They could do some balance changes or fix some things, buth they aren't. For ex: once you put a gem in a socket you can't remove it, you can only destroy it with a certain recipe. The mercenaries AI has some mistakes and their path finding is prone to getting stuck here and there. They didn't fix it in ages.

They are keeping the original graphics and you can switch to them. But the original graphics were very low res and won't look good on very large screens.

Edited by 0kelvin

3 hours ago, 0kelvin said:

They are keeping the original graphics and you can switch to them. But the original graphics were very low res and won't look good on very large screens.

I wonder if they're doing something similar to the sc remastered for this. I thought they did a pretty good job with it from what I've seen, I've yet to actually play it though.

So long as this isn't a disaster like Warcraft 3 Reforged it will be a license to print money. Let's wait and see how Blizz mess this one up :v Maybe the whole game is made in flash and runs on a webpage or something :v 

giphy.gif