What’s your mouse of choice

Last night I dropped my (glass) water bottle on the mouse, the impact broke the wheel.

Just wondering what’s your favourite for gaming/productivity. Do you have two different setups maybe?

Mine was a Steelseries Kana V2, I like ambidextrous designs, but tempted to try an ergonomic design, despite not really ever having strain problems. Most designers seem to prefer the Logitech MX Master, but I’m intrigued by the vertical design.

This would be my mousse of choice

2qwJOPJ.png

But if you're asking about mice, I've been using the most basic shit you can get. Not sure how much out of 10, but it gets the job done.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/microsoft-basic-optical-mouse/8w13r7q5z92q

Edited by Radu

I've used a the Logitech MX518 for more than a decade. Went through a few of them, the design just fit my palm perfect, I dread having to use anything else, specially those shitty razer designs, eww. The Deathadder is one of the worst mouse I've ever held.
The MX518 and similar designs, are designed for the palm grip where you rest your entire hand on the mouse, most FPS players for one reason or another use a claw grip, except me, I like to rest my palm and the bulgy of the MX518/G400s design helps filling it up, it also helps avoid Carpal tunnel syndrome, which I fortunately never suffered from.

Anyway, for a while there these were discontinued, so I had to get it's successor the G400S, which is exactly the same shape.

The MX518 was rereleased in 2019, so it's back on the market, I might get it again if my G400s breaks (been going strong since 2013, these things are really well made)

Been using the Logitech G502 Proteus for years. Nice shape, good amount of buttons, and seems to be popular among a lot of people I know. It's right handed though so maybe not the best choice for everyone, but still a very solid mouse. Curious to see what everyone else recommends!

4 hours ago, dux said:

41NNgzF+V5L._AC_.jpg

The memories of school, computer engineering lab class and logging in Windows NT #feels

15 hours ago, DMU222 said:

Been using the Logitech G502 Proteus for years.

I’ve seen it (or subsequent model) in a thumb of best gaming mice to get… haven’t had the time to watch the roundup yet today, but I think was mentioned in another. Cost is on point of what I’d like to spend.

Funny I don’t care of secondary buttons, I never got used to them.

18 hours ago, ┌HP┘ said:

The MX518 and similar designs, are designed for the palm grip where you rest your entire hand on the mouse, most FPS players for one reason or another use a claw grip, except me, I like to rest my palm and the bulgy of the MX518/G400s design helps filling it up, it also helps avoid Carpal tunnel syndrome, which I fortunately never suffered from.

My dad bought one of the earliest Logitech MX, I remember playing Half Life with it, and I remember being comfortable.

I’m not even sure what grip I have 😅 I guess the tip… I have big hands and never invested in big ergo mice so I control the device with my finger tips. Sometimes even move it under my hand pushing with the pinky or thumb.

I never had pains, despite playing up to 8hrs in the old days. I still have done some 6hrs sessions of CSGO before baby was born in 2019, I think only then I started to have some mild ache.

But yeah, I’m curious to try something more ergonomic… it’s just the cost they normally seem to much, and I feel like “why pay so much when I’m not gonna use all those buttons”

Edited by blackdog

Logitech m235

Hard to say I prefer it, exactly, but it's the only one I've used for the better part of a decade and I've developed an exceedingly retarded grip because of that ( diagonally, essentially holding the back and front with my thumb and middle finger respectively, pinky and ring finger either off to the side or bent with the tips against my palm ) - so even though I'd like to get a better one that would mean having to fight through the urge to hold it incorrectly for like a month which is honestly just too ehh

first one's pretty much like this except I'm holding it more with the middle of my thumb than the tip, second one seems to be entirely exclusive to myself - or at least I've yet to find an image online

Dunno if I'd recommend it, but it's comfortable to me - my csgo rank would seem to insinuate it doesn't lead to very good aim though lmao

• 2 weeks later...

Wow @ThunderKeil, I’ve never seen a grip like that before!

@kleinluka I didn’t even know Alienware designs mice; looks bulky but also comfy.

I tried to get a mid range Logitech with ergonomic design: the G403 Hero… I like how it clicks, but that’s about it: despite weighing as much as the Steelseries I had, it feels heavier (I guess pads are not as smooth) but most importantly I haven’t used it that much but I feel some strain for my index.

I realised that ergonomic mice demand a palm grip, properly resting on them. I use a kind of fingertip grip, holding the back of the mouse with thumb and pinky, with only the index goes in a claw… so on a taller mouse I had to strain to prevent accidental clicks. I might just try it a bit more on the work computer I just got.

So i just went with a newer Steelseries similar to my old, the Sensei 310. Immediately felt at home, it actually widens at the back so my thumb and pinky rest a bit better on there. I’m annoyed that for the same price as my old it doesn’t have a braided cable, it’s thicker than the Logi, and the click sound is a bit louder, as well as a bit of a rattle when lifting to reposition… but it just feels better so I think I’ll keep it.

I guess I could keep trying different ones but feel guilty knowing returns are mostly destined to the landfill 😕

Edited by blackdog
On 2/26/2021 at 2:15 PM, Buddy said:

m007158033_722e7a1e-7c8f-4a0a-8489-23274

For work it's unbeatable, adapting to it takes an hour or so but then you do not want to go back. Edit: Logitech MX Vertical

Yup, was very tempted to try, just £100 seems a lot. As pointed out in reviews costs as much as the MX3 but doesn’t have the same build quality and could use of another wheel for the thumb (which actually seems more ergonomic as main wheel to me)

26 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Yup, was very tempted to try, just £100 seems a lot. As pointed out in reviews costs as much as the MX3 but doesn’t have the same build quality and could use of another wheel for the thumb (which actually seems more ergonomic as main wheel to me)

Can't complain about the build quality tbh, it doesn't feel cheap at all. For me it was worth the price tag. There could be a different placement for the wheel maybe but I have not thought about that until I've read your post :)

37 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Can't complain about the build quality tbh, it doesn't feel cheap at all. For me it was worth the price tag. There could be a different placement for the wheel maybe but I have not thought about that until I've read your post :)

Yeah surely is, can’t remember if I had the chance to see it in person once maybe… but reviewers were pointing out wasn’t just as refined as the most adopted sibling.

I might still give it a try once finances are a bit restored