• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, finally finished this... (took me around 11 hours) Almost everything that makes a RE game great to me is barely present here, apart from the final level of the game which was pretty good

How many pots of glue do you gotta huff to start drawing weird shit like that

Posted Images

On 5/19/2021 at 9:10 AM, dux said:

If you are given weapons that can kill what's trying to kill you then the game ceases to be genuinely scary.

You might be onto something here, the scariest parts of the game thus far, is exactly where they take all your inventory away temporarily.

Refunded. Really one of those worst games I've played in years. Lumpy, uneven, terrible gameplay, worse puzzles, dumbass, goofy characters and a true "nothing" plot. Just so little to recommend it by except for the environment art, which is only occasionally inspired and often just bland.

My expectations were super high for this after the RE2 remake, which was absolutely fantastic.

10 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Refunded. Really one of those worst games I've played in years. Lumpy, uneven, terrible gameplay, worse puzzles, dumbass, goofy characters and a true "nothing" plot. Just so little to recommend it by except for the environment art, which is only occasionally inspired and often just bland.

My expectations were super high for this after the RE2 remake, which was absolutely fantastic.

Same for me, I gave up pretty much right after that long ass 'epic subversion of expectation' intro sequence. I booted it up the second time, looked at the map and just couldn't be arsed to continue (also partially because the game is viewed through a toilet roll it seems).

What's with the terrible writing and story set ups lately? How are you supposed to care about what is going on/is going to happen next. 😕 

3 hours ago, Buddy said:

What's with the terrible writing and story set ups lately? How are you supposed to care about what is going on/is going to happen next. 😕 

You mean you didn't like the five minute conversation on top of a burning wooden building? I thought that was clever and thoughtful writing. I was also really invested in finding "ROSSEEEEEE"

1 hour ago, FMPONE said:

You mean you didn't like the five minute conversation on top of a burning wooden building? I thought that was clever and thoughtful writing. I was also really invested in finding "ROSSEEEEEE"

Did you notice how there was no road from or to wherever they were headed in that crashed vehicle? Just the tiny path for the player to take :D

Alright, finally finished this... (took me around 11 hours)

Almost everything that makes a RE game great to me is barely present here, apart from the final level of the game which was pretty good.

The bad: Barely no survival horror elements, no decent music, you never need to do any inventory management as herbs and other stuff don't really go on your inventory (??), every time I was out of ammo I'd just go to crafting menu and make more, making the exploration almost needless. The story is full of holes, the dialog is really bad even for RE standards, Ethan is the most unlikable game protagonist I've ever seen, there's barely any puzzles and the ones that there are are really easy, there's no exploration at all and the game is actually really linear with some sporadic backtracking, all the cutscenes in the first couple hours are really annoying and not needed at all.

The good: I did like the lighting, the setting is really interesting, the environmental art and texture work is gorgeous, the combat is fun, the lycan are awesome to fight, the initial pre-rendered cutscene is very david lynch-like, and I loved how it actually makes an allegory to the overall game's plot, I wish the game actually connected it better than it did.

There's elements of a good game in here at times, but don't come in expecting a good survival horror game. It's a bit disappoint specially with how good 7 was, but after RE3 remake we should maybe have expected this? lol

5 green herbs / 10

Spoiler

The baby level was dope! Probably the most memorable part.

my favorite level was the factory, I wish the rest of the game was more like it.