[CSGO] de_verb_alpha

Hello, this is my second attempt as a Source mapper, I switched to Source in November last year after a long break regarding mapping. I used to make GoldSrc maps back in 2011 - 2014, I have over 20 released GoldSrc maps and one of them even reached the main page of GameBanana back in 2013.

That being said, I am looking forward to learning as much as possible about Source mapping and I welcome any advice regarding my maps. I know my map feels blocky, maybe a bit too big, I only spent one month creating it and I released it as an alpha version. Hopefully after some months it will look much better, but until then I really need to test it before polishing it.

Give it a shot and let me know what you think of it!

Workshop Link

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by Daniel Marcu
38 minutes ago, Serialmapper said:

The goldsource style it is still present in your map. Nowadays the CS:GO contains high quality assets. Don't be afraid to use them. By the way, what is the theme of your map? 

Thank you for having a look over it, I will keep that in mind for future maps/updates. The theme of the map is a little town surrounded by mountains, blocks and some industrial areas... I kind of made the map theme as I was creating it, nothing extremely specific.

Well if you want your map to be distinct, choose a specific theme. (not limited to dust, inferno, etc. unless you specifically wish to). Inspire yourself from your environment, your hometown, countryside. The csgo players are very spoiled, very picky and some bunch of random crates, and nonspecific buildings won't catch the interest. Just for the sake of the experiment, choose a building from your town and try to reproduce it in Hammer as accurate as you can.