Peles Castle (CS:GO)

razorblade421

Hello everyone! I wanted to share my latest work here!

I wanted to journey to Romania for this map, but I have never been so I decided to make a map based on the Peles Castle in Romania.

The design, beauty, and epic scale of the map challenged me to really try for the moon here. I want to make a map that is really fun to play and offers something nice to look at.

I hope that I can play this with my friends in the future! But in the meantime this map is being worked on, hopefully going to get a render of it before the year is out!

-razorblade421

Feel free to check out some of my other fun maps I made for CS:GO! https://steamcommunity.com/id/razorblade421/myworkshopfiles/

Don't hesitate to reach out for any inquiries.

I used a lot of assets and textures from HL:EP2 and L4D2.

Shout out to TopHattWaffle for his texture packs available on his website!

https://www.tophattwaffle.com/

Screenshot (64).png

IMG_6006.JPG

IMG_5989.JPG

Screenshot (65).png

IMG_5994.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Paws@Soldat Du Christ Thank you, I hope to make something that I can be proud of, and is also fun to play!

I'll try and keep updating this as I go along, so far I've been finishing up texturing everything, and making some more assets for the map.

Thanks! razorblade421

Screenshot (72).png

Screenshot (74).png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, just posted a preview build of the map on the workshop! feel free to check it out!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2375206707

cheers! -razorblade421

next update is more fine tuning, i'll need to playtest first. the radar, and more assets being placed in the map as well.

de_pelescastle0005.jpg

Edited by razorblade421

On 1/16/2021 at 3:40 PM, razorblade421 said:

@Paws@Soldat Du Christ Thank you, I hope to make something that I can be proud of, and is also fun to play!

I'll try and keep updating this as I go along, so far I've been finishing up texturing everything, and making some more assets for the map.

Thanks! razorblade421

Screenshot (72).png

Screenshot (74).png

Whats your workflow for making models in Maya. Been trying to get one sorted for myself but can't see to get the scaling right

13 hours ago, JackT said:

Whats your workflow for making models in Maya. Been trying to get one sorted for myself but can't see to get the scaling right

I'll get a scene with whatever I want modeled, and save as a VMF like youre making an instance in hammer. Then import that vmf through wallworm model tools in 3dsmax, then export the objects as an fbx and bring that into Maya. Then export the fbx from maya back into 3dsmax to compile as a model to bring into source.

Also helps to get a scale of something you want in hammer to the units there, I made those modular ceiling pieces to scale from hammer brushes, (16x16, 64x64, 128x128)

Hammer Vmf -> 3dsMax Wall Worm Import -> Export as FBX to Maya -> Export as FBX to 3dsMax -> Import FBX and export QC model to Source