Your GOTY list for 2020

Game(s) of the year for 2020! I know shit like this is kinda corny, but I'm legit curious to know what games you guys enjoyed, so I can make sure I didn't miss anything.

Here's my list, in no order at all:

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Half Life Alyx
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • The Pathless
  • The Touryst (Technically a 2019 switch game, but came out on PC this year, and I loved it)
  • Carrion
  • Spelunky 2

I haven't played Hades yet, but I get a sense I'll love it, and I'm starting Cyberpunk 2077 so I still have no opinion on it.

I've mostly been playing older games (as in not released in 2020), but I think an amazing game that took up a fair bit of my 2020 is Risk of Rain 2. The gameplay and atmosphere is fantastic and it seems to have been overlooked by a lot of people on here. I guess Half Life Alyx and Townscaper are also great.

At the start of the year I was really excited for Dying Light 2, Watch Dogs Legion, Halo Infinite, and Cyberpunk. But only two of those games actually released, one as an epic games exclusive the other so unstable its better to wait till 2021. I don't really mind the slowdown of this year though, since it allowed me to fully playthrough Dishonored and the Witcher 3 and dedicate more time to other hobbies. c;

reserving this spot 😛

• Nioh 2
  • Spelunky 2
  • Rish of Rain 2
  • Gran Blue Versus
  • I assume Demons Souls if I could get a hold of a PS5
23 minutes ago, DMU222 said:

I've mostly been playing older games (as in not released in 2020), but I think an amazing game that took up a fair bit of my 2020 is Risk of Rain 2. The gameplay and atmosphere is fantastic and it seems to have been overlooked by a lot of people on here. I guess Half Life Alyx and Townscaper are also great.

I agree. RoR2 is so @#[email protected]$ing good. I have to really watch myself when I play that game or else I lose the whole day haha

FF7:Remake - Hit all the right spots, never expected it to be this good
Hades - Highest rated game on steam of all time, fully deserved
Ori 2 - Amazing visuals and sountrack, a joy to play
Titanfall 2 - Didn't play until this year, been missing out for years apparently
Mafia remake - pretty faithful remake, a nice revisit. Didn't leave a lasting impression though

The only game I've played that came out this year was Carrion. It was an interesting concept and felt good to play, but the levels felt short and linear, and very easy. It was more like a demo than a complete game.

That being said, my game of the year for 2020 is Pathologic 1 Classic Edition HD.

7 hours ago, NikiOo said:

The only game I've played that came out this year was Carrion. It was an interesting concept and felt good to play, but the levels felt short and linear, and very easy. It was more like a demo than a complete game.

That being said, my game of the year for 2020 is Pathologic 1 Classic Edition HD.

I'm afraid of googling this, don't want to be marked as a chomo.

Ghost of Tsushima - Amazing world to explore, combat was exquisite and the story was actually pretty great in the end.

Half-Life: Alyx - Great VR experience, definitely set the bar high. The ending!

Titanfall 2 - Didn't play until this year... why did I wait so long?!

FFVII: Remake - Was great to explore Midgar again. I enjoyed the combat overall and we'll see about the story in future games.

Dead by Daylight - I've gotten bored of all my competitive shooters and this has taken their place. It's a brilliant game and can really get your heart racing when being discovered by the killer or closing in on a good kill as the killer. I'm obsessed with this game at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 - Finally got around to it this year, its simply the best thing ever.
  • Half-Life: Alyx
  • Death Stranding on PC - been a long time since a game made me shed a tear
  • Animal Crossing
  • Doom Eternal
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - Absolutely stunning with ray tracing. I loved exploring Night City, the level of detail is just :hurg2:

Just got Hades the other week for Switch, been great though not my cup of tea. I've yet to be able to beat it despite having almost maxed all my darkness upgrades.

Edited by WD