Sign in to follow this  
Corvus

[UE4] [WIP] Ryokan

On 12/18/2020 at 4:41 AM, Minos said:

Looks solid AF! :D Great vibe! Are you planning to release it for VR? Would be a nice space to explore.

Thanks a lot ! I do actually plan to make a vr version at some point near the end of the project.

This is just personal opinion, but from a composition standpoint I’m not sure about the symmetry extending even to the rocks in the foreground. Plus that plant in front is really on the nose in that respect. I think the screenshot would be more interesting if you had a smaller rock setup in the foreground and didn’t go for symmetry with them. The scene already has lots of symmetry and the foreground is an opportunity to intentionally go against that in an interesting way that makes the overall scene more memorable and unique. /nitpick

Good point from Fmpone regarding the simmetria, especially when you compare to the blackouts that didn’t have such a strong accent on it. Although I understand that Far East => zen => symmetry it’s a bit too artificial at the moment. 

Can you get one of those Unreal templates/plug-ins and make a ninja mini-game? I want to jump and run around this 😁

Edited by blackdog