Furnace

csWaldo

There is a new playtest version of Furnace on the workshop.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2326921664

We've mostly been working in feedback from our last test match. Thanks to everybody involved! Also thanks to @Roald for taking the time and giving some indepth advice.

Here are some screens from the current map version:

The Tspawn has slightly been altered - the garage on the right provides a faster and simpler path to the canal area. This shifts timings towards Bombsite A somewhat.

de_furnace_0410000.jpg

The canal itself has been detailed a little more and got some cover in the process.

de_furnace_0410001.jpg

de_furnace_0410011.jpg

The "Long B" has been fleshed out a little more - it now revolves around a derelict shack that should provide better cover for Ts.

de_furnace_0410008.jpg

Bombsite B got some touches of color and the aforementioned half-open silo (not accessible). A sloped wall has been added beneath the heaven to hopefully limit weird vertical sightlines.

de_furnace_0410007.jpg

de_furnace_0410010.jpg

CTspawn / Bombsite A has gotten the same sloped wall treatment. Also the lower part of the furnace has been detailed a little more.

de_furnace_0410004.jpg

de_furnace_0410006.jpg

Top-Level Radar

unknown2.png

Bottom-Level Radar

unknown.png

Radar comparison old / new

radar_comparison_031-041.gif

Edited by esspho

I love the aesthetic you chose! Night-Time factories have always intrigued me. Lights casting across intricate industrial architecture with the start night sky as the backdrop is really atmospheric.

I feel silly for asking incase the answer is obvious, but what is that pretty red liquid in the canals? Is it some kind of chemical?

28 minutes ago, That50'sGuy said:

I love the aesthetic you chose! Night-Time factories have always intrigued me. Lights casting across intricate industrial architecture with the start night sky as the backdrop is really atmospheric.

I feel silly for asking incase the answer is obvious, but what is that pretty red liquid in the canals? Is it some kind of chemical?

Its regular water that for sure no industrial waste has spilled into! I swear!

18 minutes ago, csWaldo said:

Its regular water that for sure no industrial waste has spilled into! I swear!

So hypothetically, if I were to drink it, I totally wouldn't get poisoned and die? That's good to know. It's totally not like I used it to make red snow cones or something... Oh dear, why does my stomach feel funny? Must have been something in the red wat-

Jokes aside, I love the blend texture that turns the snow red around the pools of liquid. It's very well done!

Edited by That50'sGuy

On 1/6/2021 at 12:40 AM, That50'sGuy said:

this is not science fiction, this is real lifeimage.png.8b2e56e54a9d38bec26bbda59ef9e572.png
image.png.cbf838b30facac7ef301f47062e1b4a3.png

Edited by slavikov4

@That50'sGuy this is from the area just inland of Venice

__078248___petrolchimico2.jpg

Sardinia, caused by mining and refining

w-3-35.jpg

that being said, at least you can see it. Much worse, in a way, when the problem is invisible... ever seen Erin Brockovich? There's also Dark Waters that came out last year on the subject.

Edited by blackdog

• 2 weeks later...

Update time!

We've had another playtest and changed some things around acordingly. Thanks again for all the feedback we got in the past weeks!

The big change this time is the area leading from the canal to the A site. We needed to separate the paths and do some trimming. We also thought a freight yard might fit this part of the map.

de_furnace_0430007.jpg

de_furnace_0430009.jpg

The canal also saw some changes. There is a bit more cover now and there will propably be more of it in future versions. For the connector we are trying a non self-boostable solution.

de_furnace_0430017.jpg

de_furnace_0430008.jpg

We've enlarged the CT-heaven and added a ladder. This should cut down on rotationtimes between sites.

de_furnace_0430011.jpg

de_furnace_0430018.jpg

The radar

de_furnace_043_radar_animate.gif

We're excited for the next playtests. Have a nice day!

Edited by esspho

• 2 weeks later...

Update time ?
This weeks update focusses on the CT side of the map.

CT spawn was simplified a lot. A lot of CT players had issues figuring out where to go from spawn and retakes on A would be hindered by the long, winding paths onto site. The new version should make the CT spawn shorter, easier to read and more impactful:
de_furnace_0470027.jpg

B site received an overhaul. The old site felt cramped, the height difference caused issues and the sightline from window felt awkward. The new version is essentially mirrored and cleaned up to feature a more open plant zone. The open silo stuck around and works even better in the new version:
de_furnace_0470026.jpg

The map also received a number of smaller changes. Most notably, the connector is no longer strictly a one way drop. You can get back up by jumping the gap from the convenient gap jumping board. Be weary of the sound cue it gives off:

de_furnace_0470030.jpg

The map still has issues with unintentional amounts of fall damage, awp heavy sight lines and stiff pathing. We are already working to fix those.

Thanks to everyone who keeps up with our map, joins our tests and gives feedback ❤️ 

• 2 weeks later...

We' ve updated the workshop.

This time our main focus has been the canal area once again. We've tried to simplify more and improve the  overall map flow. Also Ts should have a little more room for setups at the round start.

de_furnace_faceit0000.jpg

de_furnace_faceit0002.jpg

de_furnace_faceit0001.jpg

de_furnace_faceit0003.jpg

Also B site got some more cover. Playtests showed that Ts used to have a hard time getting onto the spot. Now there is more safe space where they can't be seen directly by CTs watching from the window. The puddle of water below has been enlarged to make for easier dropdowns.

de_furnace_faceit0004.jpg

The new radar has more contrast and should be easier to read hopefully.

de_furnace_052_radar_animate.gif

Overall the greybox is shaping up nicely and we are thrilled to be featured in the mapcore faceit hubs season 16!

EumHeXwXcBkJ1_M.jpg.284f5a17bf10beee31bd56a32ee1c480.jpg

We released another small update and tweaked some things just in time for our slot on the mapcore faceit hubs. :dance:

mapcore_facit_promo-marz21.jpg

A big thank-you to all the playtesters! The feedback from last week's match made us change the connector in a way that hopefully gives CTs a stronger position against rushing Ts.

de_furnace_faceit0032.jpg

We added a pillar to the upper canal area for more cover.

de_furnace_faceit0025.jpg

de_furnace_faceit0027.jpg

We also went wild with walltags to help with communication and feedback.

de_furnace_faceit0028.jpg

Thanks for reading. Have a nice day.

Edited by esspho