Sign in to follow this  
atrocity

[Help] CSGO Soundscape Issues

I am finishing up my CSGO level de_distillery and recently had my soundscapes stop working. I have no idea why and I have tried just about everything I can think of but seem to be getting the same error in game with no soundscapes playing.

Setting invalid soundscape, distillery.interior, as the active soundscape. There is probably no script entry matching this name. BUG THIS!

This error msg happens for every soundscape you walk into throughout the level. My assumption is that the manifest isn't being read properly? I copied the manifest file out of the Valve PAK files, and edited that. 

Workflow:

Made custom soundscapes_distillery.vsc file.

Edited the soundscapes_manifest.txt file to include the soundscapes_distillery.vsc file.

No luck. I have also tried making a .txt instead of a .vsc, no luck there either.

Anybody have a suggestion on what else I could try?

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

soundscapes_manifest.txt

soundscapes_distillery.vsc

Hey Lizard, thanks for the reply, and it's not stupid. I did run Vvis, and have tested my various VSC/TXT file swaps on previous compiled versions of the level as well. No luck. I did read about the VVIS thing on the Source wiki last night though. So good reccomendation!

Solved! thanks to everyone on the discord channel. Soundscapes must now be setup as a soundscapes_mapname.txt file and placed in the scripts folder. Example soundscapes_de_distillery.txt Your level will automagically reach this file now.