Dune

blackdog

20 hours ago, ┌HP┘ said:

Holy shit... the movie is amazing, and I walked in with mildly high expectations given who the director is, (I've never read the books, but I will now!!) I'm so stoked there's going to be 2 more!

Denis Villenueve quickly becoming one of the best modern film makers

- Incendies 
- Prisoners 
- Enemy
- Sicario 
- Arrival
- Blade Runner 2049
- Dune

Just watched Blade Runner, that rocked. If he had edited it for pace a little bit more it would have been every bit as good as Dune. I guess he learned a thing or two. Crazy ass sex scene, very original… and that Ryan Gosling sure is a soulful white boy! 

19 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Lmao 🤣 

Also, how cool is it that Dune 2 got green lit immediately? Love it when quality gets the nod.

I'm just surprised that nothing was already green lit, not even a pre production, like what executive sees the movie and doesn't go, "yep, people will love this".

43 minutes ago, Vilham said:

I'm just surprised that nothing was already green lit, not even a pre production, like what executive sees the movie and doesn't go, "yep, people will love this".

You mean to tell me that executives are out of touch from the base that actually buy their products? What gave you that idea?

On 10/31/2021 at 4:23 PM, Vilham said:

I think it was fair to wait and see. Dune only gets weirder from here. I mean, I can understand the studio being cautious about "guy turns into sandworm"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I finally been able to go and see this.

Another visual orgasm by Villeneuve. Bummer missing the IMAX projection!

I’m really happy, my complaints are the music getting too loud (dunno if is the film mix the problem, or if cinemas are supposed to setup accordingly to the size of their theatres and they skimp on that job), and a general “dissatisfaction” because the mega cast feels under used. This feeling is normally a good sign the film is good for me, and makes me feel like seeing it again :D

Now I feel like reading the books 🤓

On 11/1/2021 at 10:55 PM, FMPONE said:

I think it was fair to wait and see. Dune only gets weirder from here. I mean, I can understand the studio being cautious about "guy turns into sandworm"

Ye but you put a “chapter one” in the titles if you don’t intend to do sequels?

(Hopefully I’ll forget that bit about turning into a sand worm by the time those come out)