Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Dune

Not a Dune fan, but Denis Villeneuve has a good record. Hopefully it's gonna be a noteworthy take on the universe!

Edited by Radu

When I saw the original teaser I felt something was off, and I was holding the emo Paul guilty of that. Now that I've seen the trailer, I feel I don't mind him...聽but actually is the rest of the cast I find poorly chosen.

I for one think this looks badass. I never saw the new Blade Runner and didn't hear very good things, but maybe it's worth checking out now to prepare for this guy's work a bit more.

2 hours ago, Minos said:

I'm not watching/seeing anything for this movie.聽I'm going completely virgin聽:cool:

How is that any different than normal?

srry 馃槳

On 9/10/2020 at 11:30 PM, Minos said:

The new Blade Runner is not a masterpiece but it's an amazing movie. The environments聽are very believable, really great lighting and surfaces! I would watch it again.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:16 PM, FMPONE said:

I for one think this looks badass. I never saw the new Blade Runner and didn't hear very good things, but maybe it's worth checking out now to prepare for this guy's work a bit more.

Blade Runner 2049 is a visual exercise, can't complain about how they replicated and improved the world (guess it's most of us' dream task), but the story was terrible and some stuff felt really off (=聽hologram). I think it would have been better to create something adjacent to Deckard's story rather than canonising the speculation that kept everybody talking.

@FMPONE聽you watched all his other big stuff? I hadn't realised he made Enemy, which I had on my list for long, and haven't seen Arrival yet either.

3 hours ago, blackdog said:

Blade Runner 2049 is a visual exercise, can't complain about how they replicated and improved the world (guess it's most of us' dream task), but the story was terrible and some stuff felt really off (=聽hologram). I think it would have been better to create something adjacent to Deckard's story rather than canonising the speculation that kept everybody talking.

@FMPONE聽you watched all his other big stuff? I hadn't realised he made Enemy, which I had on my list for long, and haven't seen Arrival yet either.

I didn鈥檛 realize he did Arrival. That one was solid I would say, pretty good for sure.