Dune

blackdog

I for one think this looks badass. I never saw the new Blade Runner and didn't hear very good things, but maybe it's worth checking out now to prepare for this guy's work a bit more.

2 hours ago, Minos said:

I'm not watching/seeing anything for this movie. I'm going completely virgin :cool:

How is that any different than normal?

srry 😪

On 9/10/2020 at 11:30 PM, Minos said:

The new Blade Runner is not a masterpiece but it's an amazing movie. The environments are very believable, really great lighting and surfaces! I would watch it again.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:16 PM, FMPONE said:

I for one think this looks badass. I never saw the new Blade Runner and didn't hear very good things, but maybe it's worth checking out now to prepare for this guy's work a bit more.

Blade Runner 2049 is a visual exercise, can't complain about how they replicated and improved the world (guess it's most of us' dream task), but the story was terrible and some stuff felt really off (= hologram). I think it would have been better to create something adjacent to Deckard's story rather than canonising the speculation that kept everybody talking.

@FMPONE you watched all his other big stuff? I hadn't realised he made Enemy, which I had on my list for long, and haven't seen Arrival yet either.

3 hours ago, blackdog said:

Blade Runner 2049 is a visual exercise, can't complain about how they replicated and improved the world (guess it's most of us' dream task), but the story was terrible and some stuff felt really off (= hologram). I think it would have been better to create something adjacent to Deckard's story rather than canonising the speculation that kept everybody talking.

@FMPONE you watched all his other big stuff? I hadn't realised he made Enemy, which I had on my list for long, and haven't seen Arrival yet either.

I didn’t realize he did Arrival. That one was solid I would say, pretty good for sure.

• 10 months later...

Are you smiling?

Here's to hope this is not gonna be a bust 😆

Wonder if WB has any secret tie-in in the works, Dune 2 is one of the first games I played, and the first RTS I ever played - never finished it though. Arkonnen ftw :D