GenoCide

[Help] Compile pal fails to connect to steam and build cubemaps/nav file.

Whenever I try to build Cubemaps or Nav File, the program fails to launch the game as soon as it comes to building cubemaps/nav file.
  • says that steam needs update. The steam is updated though.
  • When you close the error, the compile process completes and the map runs, but without cubemaps/nav file.
  • The logs still capture it as "Cubemaps built successfully".
I've used versions 27 and 27.11.
y43f21kffol51.png?width=1012&format=png&auto=webp&s=d8ecc9abd306c1508f8091b3f28b6158aa46db35
Anything I could do to fix this?

You have to launch CS:GO in -insecure mode to build cubemaps, otherwise it just won't work (assuming this is for CS:GO, of course, you can set this in the launch properties before launching the game).

That is w

3 hours ago, JorisCeoen said:

You have to launch CS:GO in -insecure mode to build cubemaps, otherwise it just won't work (assuming this is for CS:GO, of course, you can set this in the launch properties before launching the game).

Tried it, didn't work. It is not about compile pal not being able to build cubemap, it is about compile pal failing to launch the game itself. Even -game compile parameter fails to work and gives the same error.

16 hours ago, GenoCide said:

That is w

Tried it, didn't work. It is not about compile pal not being able to build cubemap, it is about compile pal failing to launch the game itself. Even -game compile parameter fails to work and gives the same error.

Well... can't you just manually run the game and open up the map? I always have the console open on launch by default, then just type map de_nameofyourmap and that works just fine. You get used to it very quickly.

On 9/10/2020 at 1:34 PM, JorisCeoen said:

Well... can't you just manually run the game and open up the map? I always have the console open on launch by default, then just type map de_nameofyourmap and that works just fine. You get used to it very quickly.

I have been doing that all these years :D, I have recently discovered compile pal and one of the USPs was that I could compile with it and it will also pack all the custom content after compiling, thus eliminating the use of vide/pakrat. but since you can't pack before building cubemaps, I have no reason to use compile pal over the traditional ways.