Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Hitman 3

Oh so we haven't posted a topic for this, I thought we did. Maybe there are videos in the previous entry... anyway think it's appropriate.

The biggest announcement imo is that the third entry will feature all the missions from Hitman World of Assassination and Hitman 2... don't understand if there's any added value (any graphic update) and if there's still value in getting the previous games in a sale (they had all the additional missions that remix the existing missions with different targets).

Anyway starting from announcement trailer:

I also just discovered a couple dev insights:

They just released a new trailer yesterday with a new location: England. Watching it seems almost to watch a bit of Knives Out and of course the whole set up and narration breathe of Sherlock Holmes and Poirot. Really curious about how this mission works out, if they really reversed the role a bit.

Alongside the trailer it was also announced Epic Store will have the exclusive PC release for this one -- I don't understand if is a temporary exclusive or what.

On 8/21/2020 at 9:01 AM, blackdog said:

Epic Store will have the exclusive PC release for this one

In other words, that also means the vr mode is a playstation exclusive. Really disappointed that they are splitting the game up this way, wasn't that what held Hitman 1 back? I'll probably end up holding off on this one until all the parts are united on one platform.

Edited by DMU222

Yeah, you can play VR games on Epic Games Launcher. I bought Tetris Effect VR on sale there.

This new Hitman looks dope, as always. The environmental art is always absolutely amazing and dare I say underrated.

I actually just finished Hitman 2 a couple months ago, the Miami mission was really amazing. Level design is perfect. 

26 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Do you still get the extra events and remixed missions @[HP]?

I never had the time to get into a time sinker like this but still planning to at some point

They tried really hard to make you replay those missions, and they are very replayable, probably the most I've ever seen, but it's not really for me. I like to play something and be done with it, I don't like time sinkers either. 

14 hours ago, [HP] said:

They tried really hard to make you replay those missions, and they are very replayable, probably the most I've ever seen, but it's not really for me. I like to play something and be done with it, I don't like time sinkers either. 

I don't like them because I get addicted, I consider myself a fan of Hitman despite I only played the first and Blood Money... and in Blood Money I would try many approaches, redo the missions... and that's why I haven't touched the new ones (alongside wanting to play Absolution that I accidentally bought twice - Xbox and Steam) I saw they were doing those timed events and I was like: I can't be your slave, I'll wait for when you release the whole package.

Then when they released the GOTY edition I think they didn't have that content (until a patch) which is quite annoying, cos you can replicate the "live" experience by just using a timer on the mission, or if you want to get very anal about it use a connection to your server to ensure you play that only once #ffs

heh, I just ignored those events, tbh. If I really wanted to replay the missions with a different approach, I'd just do that. And trust me man... there's dozens of ways to kill your targets, a few you can make up yourself by "gaming" the system, or following pre-scripted paths, like disguising yourself as a chef and poisoning your target, etc.

Not counting down to it, as I'm still playing through Hitman 2, but I'll sure be keeping an eye on it :) 

[edit]So what's the deal exactly with playing the previous games in the third one? They ported 1 & 2 to the third game?

Edited by Squad