Sprony

Mapcore Job Census

On 8/27/2020 at 11:42 AM, grapen said:

I'm now the Level Design Manager at Fatshark. :) 

On 8/27/2020 at 12:19 PM, Pampers said:

Had my last day at DICE today. Starting as a (procedural) artist on Embark next week!

Congrats @grapen!!

Congrats to both!
Funny I accidentally discovered and read about Embark for the first time just the other week.

11 hours ago, AlexM said:

Starting as a senior technical artist at blackbird interactive next week. I'm excited to move a bit more towards the art spectrum. Holy shit DCC's have improved in the 10 years since I actively used them. UV unwrapping is so much easier now.

Oh the guys of the ship breaker game, and they got three more projects underway? :o
Congrats @AlexM!

Did you get bored of the medical stuff?

Gosh just looking at the pictures on the website I get strong BC feels 😢

Edited by blackdog

6 hours ago, blackdog said:

Oh the guys of the ship breaker game, and they got three more projects underway? :o
Congrats @AlexM!

Did you get bored of the medical stuff?

Gosh just looking at the pictures on the website I get strong BC feels 😢

Yeah 3 more projects plus homeworld 3 I think. The studio is quite large and is still 100% independent. They have some awesome benefits such as paying you to do research and prototyping a certain amount of time per year. There's about 10-15 of the best people I've worked with across a bunch of studios that all ended up here which is one of main reasons I joined. Some of my favorite managers, one of my programming mentors and a whole lot of other great people.

For the medical stuff, there's a bunch of reasons but the main thing is I finished my 2 year surgery simulation/training project and it was a good time to move. I try to never leave a company mid-project so that I have the smallest impact when I leave.

If you're even in BC again give me a ring :)

19 hours ago, Roald said:

Not sure if I can already call myself a Level Designer, but I (Roald van der Scheur) did sign my contract to start working at Bongfish in Graz, Austria as a Junior Level Designer on 11 January 2021! I will be working with @poLemin 🎉

Awesome! Glad you found something man!