[HL:A] K&D (virtual tour) Out now

EddieLTU

Download https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2279733053

Here's something i've been working on since i got my hands on Source 2 Hammer. K&D building complex, based on real location in Klaipėda, Lithuania. https://www.google.com/maps/@55.7105819,21.1296509,181m/data=!3m1!1e3

Backstory. This place was always a backbone for trying out my mapping/modeling skills, 10 years ago when i went there around, i was stunned at it's architecture and uniqueness, so back in the day i was starting to get a hang of Hammer, and i wanted to remake this. Attempt was rough and it was just a test anyways.

2108482470_kasper.JPG.9a5fc4ce893a5e54677b67c43b37aaa9.JPG

Project started around April 10 of this year, once i got my Oculus Quest and when HLA tools were still unreleased (bootleg tools existed but i didn't use them). It started with only two buildings, the K and the bottom 2-3 floor commercial complex. Some earliest screenshots.

tVBFybd.jpg

77xs98R.jpg

WBwKfUN.jpg

i was still learning the engine, but i got a hang of it quickly, since making stuff 128 is still the norm, i was a lot easy to work. Reference material was severely limited, i had to google most of the photos and still it wasn't enough.

20th day in hammer, and progress was coming along.

ZsJrhJ5.png

And the day HLA Tools came out, i realized i had to redo every texture's shader since HLA has different shaders, so first day looked rough

gHC7Kf0.png

Aaaaaand there's a huge time gap before i picked the project again, i went to make other HLA lore themed maps. Anyways on June 10th i've planned out a weekend vacation on this very place, booked a hotel at the same place, so i guess you could say it was both a vacation and work trip.

Project resumed in late June, second building was made, and it was instanced because of the odd angle.

hhfZBsM.png

Hammer vs. Real life

Xrx82e9.png

XbpsUq2.png

June 10. I'm there and i'm working in and outside my hotel room

unknown.png?width=1093&height=676

oz3F9hA.jpg

And here we are. 1 month later with some progress. With reference photo when available.

L4LjzMI.jpghKQ0pZB.png

jxa3W4f.jpg

52Crcax.jpgi6rhY7a.png

k8551HT.jpgevH90Xl.png

5ynldRO.jpgZoOeHa0.png

Residential Apartment (D complex)

OUR6t4y.jpgDL5UacP.jpg

el3fNqm.jpgcoHHCUj.jpg

XhwpT0u.jpgs25EhEu.jpg

Funfact: the shape of this balcony was made loosely without any hard reference, i was amazed that i actually guessed it right. Big shoutout to my friend that lives there and let me take some shots (of course not inside)

nm6Lw3I.jpge9pfnTv.png

Hotel room (excuse for the poor 360 photo)

4iq7VIa.jpgq8ZAS7x.jpg

09hPC3k.jpgWfbuFWe.jpg

Terrace

ykmskDf.jpg5RdVovd.jpg

oNZ2aiv.jpg8xalIE8.jpg

More exterior shots

OC6OAP9.jpgYuUCiGw.jpg

pw7vMhI.jpge0YaS4z.png

gzg9kmh.jpgClMLQ8Y.png

Edited by EddieLTU

4 hours ago, ThunderKeil said:

Looks good - if you still haven't fixed [pic], look into hotspot texturing. I believe it allows you to apply square/rectangular textures to a parallelogram like that, so you wouldn't have to manually edit the angle into the texture, which can be quite a pain.

Untitled-123123.png.8fa7ee227fac36f61f27e3ff7683b5fc.png

it was already fixed

Screenshot 2020-11-07 195942.jpg