[CS:GO] Coverup

celery

This map was the first time I did any game/map development since 2017, so the first few months of this project took a while for me to get re-accustomed to the tools. First blockout date was Feb 29th, and I just pushed pre-release update today, August 6th. I began the project with 9yz, who helped with the initial detailing and theme development, a lot of which is no longer in the level today. The map has gone under different names such as Shortdam and Calamari, as the theme has slightly shifted over time to what it is now. The biggest development period began in late June where I received help from Sir Thomas- who between him and I did a nearly complete overhaul of the visuals and revamped two routes.

I got lots of help from my friends, like Jonmcbane who did the logo. I also received permission from PROXY, the world-famous DJ to use some of his music in the map trailer- which releases tomorrow at 8:15PM CST, with the workshop page. I can't thank everyone at MapCore and Source Engine Discord enough, as I got lots of help getting readjusted to working with Source again. I plan to work on more maps, and I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.

Workshop link:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2014706191

There will be a launch party on August 7th at 8:30 PM CST on 

http://twitch.tv/Mariowned

Mariowned (creator of the surf game mode) will be hosting matches on the map and my co-creators and I will have a blast talking level design with him. Stop on by!

ILvi3kf.png

kLCeNii.png

ioc0udw.png

VZIIPJ0.png

Gusx4BY.png

5NYsOd0.png

de_coverup_radar.png?width=672&height=672

Edited by TheOnionChef

• 2 months later...