Deus Ex's 20th anniversary

will2k

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

It’s a game about a global pandemic and rampant conspiracy theories. While it would be fun to remake it, I’m just not sure it’s *relevant* to our times

So it'd be a documentary 

- Inspired by true events -

Modern day America...riots on the streets....corrupt leaders controlled by mega corporations...AI is starting to partly control different industries and traffic.

Hmm, shouldn't be too hard to make a relatable story.

Edited by Zarsky

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

PSA: re-installed it yesterday, currently arriving at Battery Park 

(The steam GOTY edition is smoothly and perfectly playable in "vanilla" edition without any mods; just make sure to select "OpenGL" as renderer, and set colors to 32bit, otherwise you might have overly dark environment if D3D is selected, as well as random stutter and fps dips if 16bit is selected)

21 hours ago, will2k said:

PSA: re-installed it yesterday, currently arriving at Battery Park 

(The steam GOTY edition is smoothly and perfectly playable in "vanilla" edition without any mods; just make sure to select "OpenGL" as renderer, and set colors to 32bit, otherwise you might have overly dark environment if D3D is selected, as well as random stutter and fps dips if 16bit is selected)

I started a new playthrough few weeks ago as well hehe, I've just gone part Paris cemetery. I can recommend this: http://www.kentie.net/article/dxguide/

The GOTY version is perfectly playable but broken in a few ways compared to the retail version, nothing you will really notice without direct comparison, though.