• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone ! I think it is a good time to post some screenshots from my newest csgo project that I'm working on with @jakuza. He already made some models and materials that I used in the list

RELEASE                                                                                                                                                                  

Hello guys. New update. For the last month I was working on map terrain, bunch of smaller generic structures and underground areas. Terrain is almost done. Only one terrain patch that is sti

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Looks polished with a fittingly massive scope, certainly not an easy task. Great work. Congrats!

I almost wonder if a more sunset or amber skybox color would help set the map apart? For example, this really resembles the first danger zone map at times in the more wooded areas. That’s the main bit of feedback I have from these screenshots, that the skybox choice seems a bit conservative and I think there is room there to do something a bit riskier but more memorable. 

10 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

Looks polished with a fittingly massive scope, certainly not an easy task. Great work. Congrats!

I almost wonder if a more sunset or amber skybox color would help set the map apart? For example, this really resembles the first danger zone map at times in the more wooded areas. That’s the main bit of feedback I have from these screenshots, that the skybox choice seems a bit conservative and I think there is room there to do something a bit riskier but more memorable. 

Thanks Shawn! 
You are right with the skybox. I guess it went under our radars. Its been blank for a very long time now and it didn't cross my mind to actually do anything with it :D 
Will definitly look into this. Thanks once again.

27 minutes ago, ┌HP┘ said:

Astonishing! 

35 minutes ago, leplubodeslapin said:

WOW this is so good !!! Is there somewhere I can play on it ?

The trailer is a real beauty !

52 minutes ago, Kokopelli said:

This map looks like straight fire. Absolutely brilliant work! It has SO much character and all the environments feel so fresh.

Thank you guys! I'm really happy that people like our map at least from the screenshots :D 

• FMPONE featured and unfeatured this topic

Pretty amazing, once again... I think the overall atmosphere and theme are great! Perhaps if I were to say one thing, the motel looks like the only area that's most 'slapped together' (so to speak). The overall idea is nice, but it currently looks too clean and misses some fine detail compared to the rest of the map. There's something about those big pillars that should be more worn in my opinion. I really love the quarry, however, probably my favorite part of the map!

Congratulations on your release, and I don't doubt this will already be included in the next operation 😄

On 2/23/2021 at 8:21 AM, JorisCeoen said:

Pretty amazing, once again... I think the overall atmosphere and theme are great! Perhaps if I were to say one thing, the motel looks like the only area that's most 'slapped together' (so to speak). The overall idea is nice, but it currently looks too clean and misses some fine detail compared to the rest of the map. There's something about those big pillars that should be more worn in my opinion. I really love the quarry, however, probably my favorite part of the map!

Congratulations on your release, and I don't doubt this will already be included in the next operation 😄

Motel is my plan to induce small nostalgia trip for some players. I talked with Soctom if he was ok with us using his old map as a base for our location and he said 'sure'. The challenge here was to take a map that was made in 2013 and somehow recreate entire thing with present quality standards while also maintaining detail level of a  DZ map. I knew there needs to be some trade offs when it comes to quality as well as geometry itself. I didn't want to take the original and put it in our map so I had to pick only few of the key elements and make them do the heavy lifting. :D 

Thanks!