Lizard

County

16 hours ago, Kokopelli said:

Looking spicy my dude. I like the unique take on the underground areas—offers something different from the other DZ maps and folds into the theme nicely rather than being an afterthought.

Thanks! We tried to escape "underground research facility" scheme with this one. And like you said I think it really fits the overall theme of the map.

1 hour ago, Roald said:

I also like those houses a lot, it reminds me of far cry 5 👌

Sure it does. Far Cry 5 is a part of our reference folder :D 

I really like the theme and how it's turning out! All of this reminds me of the rust belt and small mining towns. A train depot and a small gas station would fit with the theme just for an idea. Good stuff

Really loving this, maybe I've just got tunnelvision but I don't recall many games that really draw on the rural americana vibe - or at least not remotely as many as movies do (or did? maybe that's the reason, it's just fallen out the zeitgeist) but I really enjoyed it in alan wake, and do here too.

I'm kind of unsure about the quarry though, to be completely honest. The green pit feels out of place, it's like a miniature version of a typical open-pit mine, whereas the rest of it is clearly a granite/marble/whatever stone quarry. I'm no expert, but I really don't see why there'd be a rough stair-stepped hole kind of haphazardly placed in the middle of there. If you've got a reference you're basing this on I'd quite like to see it, because I can't find any images where those things are combined like this. Yes, quarries often have a water reservoir, it's the shape and placement that doesn't sit right with me.

Frankly, the whole area looks kind of. . . off to me, like it's constructed, more so than being a place that's been carved out. I think colour-matching the rough surrounding rocks with the cut ones might help, and more rubble on the ground, too. Or maybe it's just the texture, it kind of has more of a concrete look to me than natural stone . . not quite sure.

Sorry for being so critical, but I wouldn't bother if I wasn't interested in the map 🤐

2 hours ago, ThunderKeil said:

Really loving this, maybe I've just got tunnelvision but I don't recall many games that really draw on the rural americana vibe - or at least not remotely as many as movies do (or did? maybe that's the reason, it's just fallen out the zeitgeist) but I really enjoyed it in alan wake, and do here too.

I'm kind of unsure about the quarry though, to be completely honest. The green pit feels out of place, it's like a miniature version of a typical open-pit mine, whereas the rest of it is clearly a granite/marble/whatever stone quarry. I'm no expert, but I really don't see why there'd be a rough stair-stepped hole kind of haphazardly placed in the middle of there. If you've got a reference you're basing this on I'd quite like to see it, because I can't find any images where those things are combined like this. Yes, quarries often have a water reservoir, it's the shape and placement that doesn't sit right with me.

Frankly, the whole area looks kind of. . . off to me, like it's constructed, more so than being a place that's been carved out. I think colour-matching the rough surrounding rocks with the cut ones might help, and more rubble on the ground, too. Or maybe it's just the texture, it kind of has more of a concrete look to me than natural stone . . not quite sure.

Sorry for being so critical, but I wouldn't bother if I wasn't interested in the map 🤐

Thanks! It looks off because it was adapted for gameplay purposes and it wasnt supposed to be a working real life quarry. It is a video game and some fantasy won't hurt anyone :)