Sign in to follow this  
Animal1ty

[CS:GO] de_fiorina (final release)

16 hours ago, Interfearance said:

That girl painting thing reminds me of the Bladerunner 2049 hologram...

I really liked this scene in the film, so I decided to make graffiti with her face. This was done back in 2017, when the film was released, somewhere on the form there is a theme with my map from that time.

1 hour ago, Vaya said:

the map is huge because you're ripped assets wholesale from other games:
unknown.png

Yes, as I said in the first post. I took a lot from the Source Filmmaker's workshop.

1 hour ago, Animal1ty said:

I really liked this scene in the film, so I decided to make graffiti with her face. This was done back in 2017, when the film was released, somewhere on the form there is a theme with my map from that time.

Yes, as I said in the first post. I took a lot from the Source Filmmaker's workshop.

Then why on earth there is no credit to original authors here? Where did you mentioned that you used someone else's work?

6 hours ago, Lizard said:

Then why on earth there is no credit to original authors here? Where did you mentioned that you used someone else's work?

Firstly: I do not participate in any competitions
Secondly: I am not trying to get financial gain
Thirdly: 100% of these materials are ports from other games for the engine sors. Whom should I point out? Game authors, those who ported, those who posted?
Fourth: a very large number of these "authors"
Fifth: I noted in all posts that some of the models were taken from the workshop, they are freely available there (probably putting them out there already is a violation of copyright, do not you think?)
Sixth: I was hoping first of all to hear some comments regarding the level design itself.

Well, in the end - if someone who posted this or that ported model wants me to point him somewhere (where?), He can always write to me in the PM. I will gladly do it. But now I’m not going to spend the whole day, or even more, on an additional description of the map, which was downloaded in the workshop and in the Gembanana of less than 100 people combined. But thanks for your opinion, I will take it into account in the future if I ever do anything else.

16 hours ago, Animal1ty said:

you probably should resize the textures then at least. 'source filmmaker' isn't a game and its assets have no consideration for size.

PS give credit. 

13 hours ago, Animal1ty said:

Firstly: I do not participate in any competitions

And? What would it change?

Secondly: I am not trying to get financial gain

Getting financial gains is not the only reason you should give credits to original authors.

Thirdly: 100% of these materials are ports from other games for the engine sors. Whom should I point out? Game authors, those who ported, those who posted?

Congratulations. You are a part of the problem. Someone ripped off assets. Aggregated them to the workshop and then you took them and used in your work under your name because you thought it was ok to steal them because someone else already stole them and put them on workshop.

Fourth: a very large number of these "authors"

Are we missing something here?

Fifth: I noted in all posts that some of the models were taken from the workshop, they are freely available there (probably putting them out there already is a violation of copyright, do not you think?)

I do think that but... Look at my reply to your third point.

Sixth: I was hoping first of all to hear some comments regarding the level design itself.

Of course we would gladly give you feedback on level design but 

But now I’m not going to spend the whole day, or even more, on an additional description of the map, which was downloaded in the workshop and in the Gembanana of less than 100 people

How can you expect us commit our free time when you don't want to commit yours to putting credit to the original authors of the assets you used in your map?

Edited by Lizard