Edude

[CSGO] Bloodline (Deathmatch)

Hello everyone! I just finished my new map for CSGO. It is a fun map, with a lot of interactions and a unique theme.

I invite you and your friends to play a game of Bloodline!
Workshop Link: 
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2112785597

blood-capa.jpg.b3321493cc1389b304858f1a60ec9255.jpg

DESCRIPTION

Fight in the Parkists Arena in this battle of Bloodline! The most violent and controversial sport of all!

When you hear the crowd remember to fight for the field, avoid the lava, press the explosive buttons and make the best score of the match! They will shout your name for sure competitor!

MAP SIZE: Large
RECOMMENDED NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 12 - 16

AVAILABLE GAMEMODES:

• Deathmatch (most recommended);
  • Arms Race;
  • Demolition;
  • Flying Scoutsman;
  • Custom Casual/Competitive (1 bombsite only).

dm_bloodline0007.jpg.193067bf45782e3f87d002caffb27c68.jpg

dm_bloodline0010.jpg.e17c0ed28a27c2dcd9e8ad74f2b8a71d.jpg

Bloodline was developed for an old Half Life 2 MOD (KumaWar2). Because of that I preferred to reutilize some of its assets, slightly improving the look of them!
More updates may come in the future!
Have fun!

Edited by Edude

32 minutes ago, DMU222 said:

Isn't this just Wario Stadium from Mario Kart 64?

wario.png.e90926a58449d484b6e6a578b0a93124.png

Looks fun!

Hahahah It's totally inspired by Wario Stadium and also by Tiny Arena from Crash Team Racing (which is the most "Wario Stadium" thing you can get outside Mario Kart).

Tiny Arena - CTR Nitro-Fueled Race Tracks (Levels) - Crash Team ...

Hope you enjoy playing the map!

Edited by Edude

Happy new year guys! I just finished an update to Bloodline that improves lighting in general, adds more detail to the environment and fix some minor bugs! 

I also took the opportunity to publish a version that takes place at dusk so it does not disturb that boring TV show nobody cares about ...

Bloodline Original: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2112785597

blood-pattern3.jpg.8ab395497bec69556db360a9391bb277.jpg

Bloodline Evening: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2344144205

blood-pattern4.jpg.444b03a93e0879c33fb370b33cbd1934.jpg

I hope you like the improvements and good luck in your next matches! 

Edited by Edude

Thanks for the support, blackdog! 

I completely agree with you... I thought that using vulcanic stone models would be better too. But I was worried with general optimization and decided to use the current blend texture because it helps the player identify the "lava trap"*.

lava.jpg.7a01975e5079aa189127769550ca3e3a.jpg

*Every 2 minutes a bunch of lava fill the areas represented by the darker ground texture. 

Edited by Edude

If you're worried about players being unable to tell when the trap is or isn't active with a more lava-like blended texture - it is actually possible to toggle between different textures on a displacement, so you could switch it between this ground texture and a different one depending on if the lava's there

I don't think it's explained on the wiki ( material proxies in general aren't expanded upon as much as they should be ) but I'd be glad to help out if you need it