FMPONE

Source 2 Hammer Bugs

4k DPI scaling doesn't work, none of my menu's like Properties Menu are readable. Resizing the windows doesn't fix the issue. I don't really want to change my desktop resolution. Does anyone run this in 4k no issue?

edit: Doesn't matter which resolution or scaling method I use, this software is unusable because it crams everything on top of each other and I can't read it 

edit2: (Solution) If you make a shortcut to ""C:\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\tools\steamvr_environments\game\bin\win64\steamtours.exe" -addon shookknight -tools -destinations_workshop -fullscreen -useappid SteamVRAppID -vconport 29009 -retail -disable_qaccessible" You can then go into the shortcut properties to change high DPI settings. I had to fiddle with this, checked both boxes and selected Enhanced, and shifted my windows scaling from 300% to 200%. 

Not a perfect solution but I can use the software now. 

Edited by zastels

On 5/18/2020 at 2:39 PM, Jared said:

Importing source 1.0 vmf maps doesn't appear to work, or is at least 64 times too small, and even in that case, the texture coordinate data seems corrupt/random

ZmHuaV8.png

KRF1IpC.png

gf7dI8f.png

YUOZY8T.png

After many years of trial and error, going off of almost zero documentation other than a poorly worded but still somewhat helpful tutorial on the valve developer community, and dota 2 gameinfo.gi on github gametracker, I have stumbled into how to import a source 1.0 vmf, the steps for Half-Life: Alyx are as follows:

Create a default-new "addon" where you'll keep the imported materials / textures / models.

Then the easiest way to batch import source1 content is using https://github.com/AlpyneDreams/source2utils, after you're done with those tools and you have a folder of .vmat and .tga I like use https://www.xnview.com/en/xnviewmp/#downloads to batch convert all the .tga to have a color depth of 32 with 255 alpha, otherwise source2 cant read it, and enable RLE compression, its lossless and reduces OVER 60% of total file size. Move all of your imported content to that normal addon we made earlier.

Now, here's what I believe to be the magic sauce... create a "MOD" (not a addon :)) of your original source1 content on the game-side, not content-side, located at for example "E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life Alyx\game\source1mod". A very important note, along with your source1 content, you also need to have a normal source1 gameinfo.txt, located right next to your materials / models folders, the one from tf2 for example would work.

Then, (THE Real magic), open up "E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life Alyx\game\hlvr" and edit the "gameinfo.gi" file with a text editor, scroll down to find... Source1Import !

Set importmod, and importdir to your source1 content mod you made, like so :

"importmod" "source1mod"
"importdir" "..\source1mod"

NOW before you run off and try and import a .vmf from your desktop, you need to place even the source .vmf in a special location, on the content-side, not game-side, for example "E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life Alyx\content\source1mod\maps\ctf_2fort_d.vmf"

Finally using google I was able to find very little parameters for "Source1Import", but I did find a few, how useful they are is yet to be understood, probably best to start with the default no parameters.

"synthesizeMeshNames" "1"
"ignoreParticleManifest" "1"
"getSkinningFromLod0ByDefault" "0"
"createStaticOverlays" "1" // info_overlay entities will be converted to static overlay nodes instead of preserved as Info_overlay entities

Hopefully this made sense, I'll think about making a more detailed FULL tutorial on steam guides or something later, I'll edit this to have a link to that if I do end up making it. Thanks!

Edited by Jared