Sign in to follow this  
[HP]

THPS 1+2

I was watching a review of this game the other day and I felt a little sad. So much work and love put into this... so I can replay the exact same game I played a thousand times! Would have been cool if they had come up with at least a few new levels, but I guess that's a very hard thing to do these days :D  Seems like our culture is stuck in a loop of nostalgia... Capitalist creativity has reached its peak and everyone is afraid of making new things. I wonder what happened that caused this.

With that being said, I will still check out the free key I got for it, the environments look cool!

Yeah, at least it seems like it does come with a map editor, hope it allows you to upload your custom levels. (?!)

Also, here's hoping they grab this and make the real THPS sequel we all deserve. ;D which would be, what THPS6?

As someone who played A LOT of THPS 2 and especially 3, I gotta say, that's a really damn good remake. They didnt just up the graphics and ship the games like they were. A lot of improvements in terms of UI, UX and even some mechanical stuff taken over from the newer games, like Reverts and Wall Plants. As always with THPS games, the soundtrack is phenomenal. It's a mix of the old tracks and a bunch of new ones.

I've been disappointed with skating games ever since THPS 4. So I am happy, that they are taking a few steps back and do it "the old way". I am having a blast playing the game, so much so that my fingers hurt already. THPS 1+2 has got to be the best remake/remaster in recent years for me.

1 hour ago, [HP] said:

Better than RE2?

Granted, I've neither played the original nor the remake, so I can't comment on that

2 hours ago, [HP] said:

Better than RE2?

It feels exactly like the old game when you play it (with some improvements no doubt). They must've at least looked at the old game play code because I could instantly pick it up and start making combos :D RE2 is a different type of a remake because they had to completely change the gameplay for it to pass in 2020~

It's also cool to see my materials in another childhood game remaster ;)

Fuck alarm bells tho.

Edited by Buddy

9 hours ago, Buddy said:

It feels exactly like the old game when you play it (with some improvements no doubt). They must've at least looked at the old game play code because I could instantly pick it up and start making combos :D RE2 is a different type of a remake because they had to completely change the gameplay for it to pass in 2020~

It's also cool to see my materials in another childhood game remaster ;)

Fuck alarm bells tho.

Oh damn, that's pretty dope.

One of my fav remaster, right up there with RE2, is Shadow of the Colossus. And aparently, they actually grabbed that old engine, retained the code that pertains to animation and gameplay feeling, and reworked everything else.

That sounded insane to me but turns out it's true, I wonder if they did something similar with this THPS remaster? Because it's not easy to mimic the gameplay feeling of a game man. 

3 hours ago, [HP] said:

Oh damn, that's pretty dope.

One of my fav remaster, right up there with RE2, is Shadow of the Colossus. And aparently, they actually grabbed that old engine, retained the code that pertains to animation and gameplay feeling, and reworked everything else.

That sounded insane to me but turns out it's true, I wonder if they did something similar with this THPS remaster? Because it's not easy to mimic the gameplay feeling of a game man. 

This might answer that question:

After putting in some hours (got more than half of the game completed) I only have one moan:

There are ads in the game. Vans, Adidas etc... Not sure how to feel about this, they're everywhere IRL so i guess it doesn't matter? I paid for the game though... conflicted.