Sign in to follow this  
[HP]

Ghost of Tsushima

I've not followed this at all but saw this blow up on Twitter after it aired. Gave it a watch this morning and I want this game. Looks beautiful and the gameplay looks like it'll be a fun mix between Assassin's Creed and Zelda: BOTR. It got me hyped!

"But you can't have exploration without curiosity..."

That's like, soooo deep, dude.

Pretentious guff aside, the visuals are worth skipping through the muted video. 👍

On 5/14/2020 at 10:27 PM, [HP] said:

Finally watched this last night, and I know SP have worked on other sandbox games before, but I wasn’t expecting this level of Assassin’s Creed/Far Cry “tick the box on the map”. Yes, it’s done much more poetically as you would expect a game set in Japan, but from the first gameplay I was expecting a much more linear game. (Rewatching that video now i can recognise the telltale signs I ignored at the time)

I hope the sword fighting is richer than it seems because it really evokes AC’s counter-based strategy, instead of a richer combo system.

All I hope is that the game doesn't have rpg leveling mechanics like assassins creed. I don't mind getting a new sword every hour or so in a game like BOTW, but I don't want to be constantly looking for an item that has slightly better numbers so I don't get fucked by the enemies. I want to be able to choose what weapon I use, not look for the statistically best gear.

14 minutes ago, DMU222 said:

All I hope is that the game doesn't have rpg leveling mechanics like assassins creed. I don't mind getting a new sword every hour or so in a game like BOTW, but I don't want to be constantly looking for an item that has slightly better numbers so I don't get fucked by the enemies. I want to be able to choose what weapon I use, not look for the statistically best gear.

+1000

This is why I loved BOTW's weapon system so much. I actually love the fact they break, it's what makes the game work so well.