Mafia 3 was a little bit of a let down, the first two were amazing games with a really great narrative and characters. 

And seems like a remaster is on the way, we should see more footage on the 19th. Also, Mafia 1 is a full remake, with expanded story and gameplay!!!

Wow amazing!

Mafia is one of my favourite games ever… I never replayed it because I didn’t want to ruin the memory I have of it. I’m down for an expanded remake!

I have Mafia 2 and tried to play but was performing poorly despite my computer should handle it very well, not sure if needs some fiddling with stuff like forcing single-core execution or something. I was planning to try again at some point.

https://www.ign.com/articles/mafia-trilogy-august-release-remake-mafia-1

You can buy it now on steam, and if you own some of the other versions you get the definitive editions of them as well. Supposedly Mafia 2 & 3 are 'remastered' as well, but I guess it is just support for higher resolution and widescreen stuff. Not much info to be found on what is new in 2 & 3. Anyway I am revisiting Mafia 2 for now :)

Nice, i played Mafia2 a couple years ago, so I'll pass for now. But this is great.

Tl:dr

- rebuilt-from-the-ground-up
- updated script with new dialogue and backstories
- new cutscenes
- new gameplay sequences and features
- Mafia 3 engine

Coming August 28

Mafia 2+3 available now

https://t.co/KNlIW8k9QJ https://t.co/fc2Si5mUNM

But hold on a second, is it just the original Mafia that is being redone? After the teaser for the original, the #2 played and looks the same as when it came out 🤨

Edited by blackdog

11 hours ago, blackdog said:

But hold on a second, is it just the original Mafia that is being redone? 

Yeah, seems like it. Which is fine, Mafia 2 still looks amazing for today's standards, even the version before the remaster. 

4 hours ago, Pampers said:

there is not much difference for 2 & 3

Side by side you can tell it’s much more balanced, less bloom etc.

You work there @Pampers? Is the Mafia 3 engine the Mafia 2 with upgrades, another custom or licensed?

5 minutes ago, [HP] said:

Yeah, seems like it. Which is fine, Mafia 2 still looks amazing for today's standards, even the version before the remaster. 

Is the teaser not in-game then? That gave me the impression to be a beefy update even compared to Mafia 3.

Is it only sold as a collection or single chapters will be available? I understand you can get 2 & 3 and the original remake will be released further down?

I’m all down to finally replay Mafia 1, a bit more annoying that I have the second and never played it also due to the fact that performance wasn’t great, but I expect the remaster to improve

Looking forward to finally playing the much praised original Mafia game now that it receives a huge overhaul.

A bit disappointed by the Mafia 2 remastering, even tho it looks okayish still. I guess I am spoiled by those incredible remakes like e.g. Halo 2 Anniversary.