Sign in to follow this  
Interfearance

de_vertigo

Was the original vertigo remake better than the current version of the remake?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which new vertigo is better?

• Original one is better
    • Current one is better
    • One of the versions in between was best

What do you guys think about the new Vertigo? I played a game of comp on it and it just seems like they wrecked it. There are a lot of new, unfair or hidden angles that I have got destroyed from and used myself. The new textures are very unfitting and do not provide better visibility to white concrete. The removal of the connection from bridge around to T stairs is an awful idea and makes life super hard for T side, forcing you to enter the stairs from the awkard angle side.

I think the new changes are a good start for making middle viable for terrorists to use. Previously you could have one or two Ts watching window when taking B, but thats about it. Due to vertigo's layout, Ts dont need mid control to rotate, so without the need to use mid for alternate routes into the bombsite, there is no need to control it beyond watching for CT agression. Having the old mid to B enterance reworked the way it is is a step in the right direction, however it isn't very polished on the B side. I think the next step would be making the new route from mid the primary CT/Mid connection, removing the original one, as the current CT/Mid connection currently serves to make a Mid to A take as a terrorist borderline impossible. 

Reworking B site itself is also a good change, as it wasn't very functional as a bombsite before. Changing the height and reworking the cover around ramp are both positive changes imo. I think A site deserves similar treatment, as right now the site itself is very cramped and cluttered. Maybe moving the crane to the far edge like bananagaming suggested and changing some of the cover.

Overall, positive changes all round in my opinion

My favourite version was the one before they introduced that boring-AF ladder room. I liked the one-way drop through the lift doors, it felt like a good risk/reward feature.

I do quite like what they're doing with bombsite B in the latest version, it turns it in to more of a push and pull situation.

16 hours ago, text_fish said:

My favourite version was the one before they introduced that boring-AF ladder room. I liked the one-way drop through the lift doors, it felt like a good risk/reward feature.

I do quite like what they're doing with bombsite B in the latest version, it turns it in to more of a push and pull situation.

Imo everything except for mid was leagues better originally. I actually used to like the map in its entirety except for the used-less mid

A site is a braindead site: with a single smoke, you can split the entire bombsite in two, letting you get a free plant and play retake from ramp. CTs only chance to defend is by rushing ramp. But Ts get to ramp before Cts do.

Every game on on Vertigo: Each round T side just rushes A ramp and plays retake from ramp. 
After the update, before the update. The map is still bad.

I don't know why they remade the sites on this map in the first place. Wasn't the first CS:GO vertigo version just a fine defusal map? They could have just done the original T spawn changes so the spawns would not be on top of each other and given the hr mpdel and texture treatment.

Yeah, there were couple dumb boost spots, bad model hitboxes and visibility problems. But they didn't need to change the entire map's layout to fix those. Could have given it the Inferno remake treatment: Change as little as possible and focus on visibility. Even if this map will someday be good, I don't know why it's even called Vertigo anymore. Cobble always retained the basic layout, and Overpass was made by Valve so remaking it drastically was fine.

On 4/17/2020 at 9:45 PM, Byron said:

, as the current CT/Mid connection currently serves to make a Mid to A take as a terrorist borderline impossible. 

I can definitely see a world where they remove CT to mid. That would be smart. Also about ladder. Why??