Sign in to follow this  
0kelvin

Xbox Series S/X

19 hours ago, FMPONE said:

maybe if we use letters from the word SEX a lot in the name of our console, people will think we're COOL

Works for Tesla, someone must have thought

edit: #latetotheparty

Edited by blackdog

19 hours ago, blackdog said:

Well if the S is 1/3 of the raw power of the X, an E could be a good midlife update doubling the power of the S 馃檲

Or just all the specs of the S with a disc reader.聽

https://news.microsoft.com/2020/09/21/microsoft-to-acquire-zenimax-media-and-its-game-publisher-bethesda-softworks/

Under the terms of the agreement, Microsoft will acquire ZeniMax Media for $7.5 billion in cash.

The planned acquisition includes publishing offices and development studios spanning the globe with over 2,300 employees, including Bethesda Softworks, Bethesda Game Studios, id Software, ZeniMax Online Studios, Arkane, MachineGames, Tango Gameworks, Alpha Dog, and Roundhouse Studios. Bethesda鈥檚 critically acclaimed and best-selling franchises include The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, DOOM, Quake, Wolfenstein, and Dishonored, among others.

Damn!

That was one sneaky uppercut, MS...

I wouldn't be surprised if currently announced titles will roll out as planned, but further down the line everything becomes xbox/pc/xcloud exclusive.

So let's see, with the acquisition聽they just added 8 new 1st party teams to Xbox Studios聽

- Alpha Dog Games
- Bethesda Game Studios
- Arkane
- id Software
- MachineGames
- Roundhouse Studios
- Tango Gameworks
- ZeniMax Online Studios

Xbox now聽acquired/started 15 studios in 2 years. Pretty good.

3 hours ago, Zarsky said:

That was one sneaky uppercut, MS...

I wouldn't be surprised if currently announced titles will roll out as planned, but further down the line everything becomes xbox/pc/xcloud exclusive.

For the good of gaming, I hope they keep releasing聽on Nintendo, it鈥檚 not really a rival when is downgraded and released after a (long) while.

19 hours ago, blackdog said:

For the good of gaming, I hope they keep releasing聽on Nintendo, it鈥檚 not really a rival when is downgraded and released after a (long) while.

Hard to believe that they stop. They don't have a portable gaming device and I doubt Nintendo makes Gamepass available on Switch even tho it should technically not be hard to pull of.

They recently also added all their games to steam and it's just another way to get extra revenue for them. Everyone wins. Perhaps that changes once their own platform grows bigger...