Sign in to follow this  
0kelvin

Xbox Series S/X

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-inside-xbox-series-x-full-specs

Anybody waiting for it? Eurogamer has published all specs.

There is no secondary low power CPU for OS, nor dedicated DDR for it. It seems that PS5 is going that way, repeating the same idea of the PS4.

The SSD is embedded inside, you can't swap it. If you need there is an external port to plug in a dedicated external SSD. The SSD of the next consoles is about 20x ~ 30x faster than HDDs, meaning that lots of games are going to require a high speed SSD to run or they might make the PC versions require a lot of RAM to compensate.

No CPU throttling, the clock of the CPU is static with two modes. One with higher clock and no SMT and another with lower clock and SMT. GPU also has static clock.

Lots of dedicated stuff for raytracing, on the fly decompression to mitigate bandwidth usage and more flexibility to program the graphics.

13,5GB of RAM for games, 3,5GB for OS. But due to some technical limitations not all that RAM is clocked at the same speed, part of it has lower clocks.

There is much more control over input latency by game makers.

Our first look at a game set to ship at launch with Xbox Series X, The Coalition is busy enhancing Gears 5 for the power of Xbox Series X. This demo represents just two weeks of work, but already shows a much higher level of fidelity, vastly improved shadows and real-time global illumination - and so much more.

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

So now also Halo goes sandbox.
Anyone still getting excited by this series?

I personally never liked the Halo franchise.

It looks and plays like a really generic shooter. Go ahead, be mad at me, ahah.

On 7/24/2020 at 10:09 AM, PaulH said:

Was great to finally be able to officially announce the development of Fable during the showcase 🥳

Stalker 2, The Medium and Avowed all piqued my interest, exciting times ahead! 

Man i am so looking forward to playing what you guys have been up to! Also, i am a huge fan of Fatshark and what what they are doing with Vermintide, that 40k title is sure going to be great! 

21 hours ago, kleinluka said:

I was never able to get into Halo. It’s so...generic 😧

The first one was great when it came out on Xbox. Up there with Goldeneye imo in terms of how innovative it was for console FPS. Halo 2/3 were pretty decent too, but definitely from 4 onwards it felt supppper generic.

The all digital version of the next gen MS console has been revealed.

and leaks given as good as true price it at a very comfortable $299 price point… I kinda don’t see the point of the version with drive really, which is pretty much confirmed at $500. I don’t understand though if the S is a noticeable downgrade, I haven’t been interested in the HW of the consoles.

Both should arrive on November 10.

Edited by blackdog

I think the version with drive has way better hardware, capable of doing 4k. 

Man, I still can't believe how retarded the naming of these consoles is.. but dude, if you don't already have a capable PC, 299 plus a xbox game pass subscription is a great fucking deal. 

More info on pricing: (ability to finance it is genius, a lot of people already do it with their phones)

Xbox Series S and X launch on November 10th

Series S - $299 or $25 a month with All Access

Series X - $499 or $35 a month with All Access