[CS:GO] Exotic Places Contest TOP 4 WINNERS

Sort of sad that being annoying is enough reason to ban someone - I know yall are real serious level designers and stuff but for me personally it was enjoyable to wake up and read a wall of text from a person who didn't really care about being nice or whatever but who indeed did give feedback and have risen valid points. Rip tynnyri, a man who's disability to be "polite" made people dismiss his points. honestly it seems that mapcore isnt a place for people who want to make maps, it seems like a place for people who wanna just continue praising top mappers and suck eachothers dicks.

5 hours ago, FMPONE said:

I think the time has come, Tyrinni is banned for constantly flooding threads with long, boring, pedantic arguments. May this be a second celebratory moment for our community.

This beats coming 3rd any day of the week. Don't bother sending my prizes, you've given us enough. 

Edited by JimWood

Weird. Anubis, surely is unconstestable. After their final additions, I think that map was beyond the scope of any of the entries. But, to me maps like Mutiny and Jingshen (after playing their updates) simply couldn't tip to the quality and required skill-ceiling of maps like Swamp and Mustang. Then again, I'm no judge. And, also, those two maps are amazing entries in their own right. But, in my opinion, if we're talking about what makes a level impressive and what's required to make a design work in the smallest of details, I didn't think maps like Swamp or Musting could fall out of the top 4. I can't speak for gameplay, but I don't think the aforementioned maps had anything in them that could be considered unacceptable of sorts.

Once again, I'm no judge. It's just my opinion ? At the end of the day, I'd love to be in the shoes of anybody who made it this far, and unfortunatly I didn't succeed in that. Some of the decisions might also just be granting some people the exposure that they deserve and need, whereas some of the entrants have already had enough footsteps in the professional world. Congratulations to the top-4, and hopefully we'll see some of these entries make it into the game (regardless of the contest results).

17 hours ago, JorisCeoen said:

I didn't think maps like Swamp or Musting could fall out of the top 4. I can't speak for gameplay, but I don't think the aforementioned maps had anything in them that could be considered unacceptable of sorts.

I was shocked to see them not make it but I do see the judges' point, maybe with Mustang's layout not being that great for sure, but the theme was already explored in Monastery.

The judges weren’t unanimous, but Mustang was not in enough top 4’s. That’s how it goes sometimes. ?

Regarding the point about theme I disagree. Monastery is set in a Tibetan monastery, while Mustang is set in a traditional Nepalese village. More importantly, the execution is vastly different. Opinions may vary on gameplay and art polish, but on this point I won’t budge. ?

Great maps, even so, the only map i actually think would be a great map to see on tournaments etc is mutiny. I have spent hours on these maps trying to figure out tactics smokes etc and tbh the only map i see REAL potential in is mutiny. I would really like to see in the next competition that the judges put more interests in the gameplay etc rather than 25 points in graphics. Another map that actually had great potential in gameplay was mocha but that map didnt make it this far. This should imo stand between mutiny and mocha. I am one of those who would like to see a new map every year in tournaments, but to often the maps that is created is created only to look good. 

And where is the pro players who actually knows a thing or two about how a map should be built?

Anyways great job all of you who actually made it this far, i am a bit dissapointed thats all :D

8 minutes ago, judas said:

Great maps, even so, the only map i actually think would be a great map to see on tournaments etc is mutiny. I have spent hours on these maps trying to figure out tactics smokes etc and tbh the only map i see REAL potential in is mutiny. I would really like to see in the next competition that the judges put more interests in the gameplay etc rather than 25 points in graphics. Another map that actually had great potential in gameplay was mocha but that map didnt make it this far. This should imo stand between mutiny and mocha. I am one of those who would like to see a new map every year in tournaments, but to often the maps that is created is created only to look good. 

And where is the pro players who actually knows a thing or two about how a map should be built?

Anyways great job all of you who actually made it this far, i am a bit dissapointed thats all :D

Laugh all you want lizard, only because i didnt mention your map. It looks awsome, cant see how it would even stand a chance in gameplay against those map i mentioned. But hey what do i know, i only played cs since 1.3 and competed/played with top players in 1.6. Shame on me!

3 hours ago, judas said:

Laugh all you want lizard, only because i didnt mention your map. It looks awsome, cant see how it would even stand a chance in gameplay against those map i mentioned. But hey what do i know, i only played cs since 1.3 and competed/played with top players in 1.6. Shame on me!

Thanks, I think. I don't really know who you're aiming your frustrations at. This is a community of people that make maps because it's fun, with an extremely slim chance of compensation. If actual pro players would like to volunteer their critique of countless grayboxes that will in most cases never be released, I'd applaud them for it. Maps don't get exposure unless they look good, and only then do they have a chance at receiving the high-level feedback you're talking about.

45 minutes ago, DMU222 said:

IMHO pro players know nothing about how a map should be built. They can give good feedback on how an area feels or can be modified, but they don't understand what makes a map tick.

Ofc the do know how a map should be built, what works, what does not work. Who do the mappers build the maps for? for public servers only?

1 hour ago, jakuza said:

Thanks, I think. I don't really know who you're aiming your frustrations at. This is a community of people that make maps because it's fun, with an extremely slim chance of compensation. If actual pro players would like to volunteer their critique of countless grayboxes that will in most cases never be released, I'd applaud them for it. Maps don't get exposure unless they look good, and only then do they have a chance at receiving the high-level feedback you're talking about.

I am not able to write on this site without being frustrated? So the maps people built for this competition was only for fun with compensation if lucky? What i read from the article this maps will be on the faceit hub and as far as i know most people on faceit play competetive cs? Is it not supposed that the maps that are created should actually be played in the professional scene? Otherwise i dont know why casters etc should judge the maps? The goal was probably to get the maps to be played from everyone, both people who compete in cs and people who just plays for fun. 

Well, nvm then, people gets to butt-hurt when writing anything that they does not want to hear on this site.

Getting Valve to add a community map to the tournament pool is like asking your wife to have a kid after you've been married for 30 years. That ship has already sailed long ago. By this point even adoption isn't an option. If anyone was interested in playing new maps, they're either on Mapcore, or they're already playing other games. I bet for most people CSGO is just that old game which you can boot up at any time, always expecting the same thing, and always getting the same thing. The most recent update with the operators skins and the battle royale mode tells me that this game is just a cash cow for Valve. It's about time that cow get slaughtered. And not like in a nice and ethical farm, but in one of those farms from those vegan documentaries. The game is entering menopause already and this is our last bitch effort to give birth to something new.

Also, Imagine all 6 tournament maps getting replaced by community maps. It wouldn't be a Valve game anymore. Why do you think they stopped adding maps in operations? Cause they don't want their profits going to some random community members. Remember what happened to that doctor who tried to introduce new treating methods to the hospital? He got fired! And then he died! In a car accident. So don't be him. Don't waste your talents. No one will remember you.

Or I'm probably just butthurt because I suck at the game and dont play it anymore ... anyways, yeah Mutiny is really awesome. I remember playing it almost a year ago in it's earlier stages when it was still a greybox and I just now recognized where I remember it from. It's changed (shrinked) quite a lot.

Edited by NikiOo

19 hours ago, judas said:

Oh... I used the laugh emoticon because of this sentence "And where is the pro players who actually knows a thing or two about how a map should be built?" just found it funny and I'm sorry if it hurt your feeling.

Also if you  would be that kind to use your GREAT experience as a 1.3 player and point out some problems on my  map? I always strive to make my maps better.

Edited by Lizard