FMPONE

[CS:GO] Exotic Places Contest TOP 4 WINNERS

7 minutes ago, Ringel said:

They should and they have the permission to do so. Edit{ Right now I am more interested in the score of all participants - especially the top 22- than my own.}

Transparency is very important for a contest.

Transparency of what? arbitrary scores? if the judges post their score it becomes a mess of 'well how could this map get X points more than this in this category!!'

the gradings are basically made up of imperfect subjective opinions, nothing is gained from releasing scores. One of the judges released his scores and it led to half day bitchfest about it.

27 minutes ago, Vaya said:

Transparency of what? arbitrary scores? if the judges post their score it becomes a mess of 'well how could this map get X points more than this in this category!!'

the gradings are basically made up of imperfect subjective opinions, nothing is gained from releasing scores. One of the judges released his scores and it led to half day bitchfest about it.

Good point, never thought about that. At the end it doesnt matter, feedback would be more appricitated and think we can ask for that ourselfs at the judges

41 minutes ago, Vaya said:

Transparency is very important for more than one reason. One is to provide that the judges took their work serious. There is no reason to not publish the scores. Just ignore the people who are not satisfied with the scores and complain about it. If they don't have to hide something they should publish them.

13 minutes ago, Roald said:

Good point, never thought about that. At the end it doesnt matter, feedback would be more appricitated and think we can ask for that ourselfs at the judges

Last time I asked all 4 of them for feedback, two ignored me. One gave good feedback and another gave me one sentence of feedback. One other participant told me he was also ignored by two judges.

Edited by Ringel

6 minutes ago, Ringel said:

Transparency is very important for more than one reason. One is to provide that the judges took their work serious. There is no reason to not publish the scores. Just ignore the people who are not satisfied with the scores and complain about it. If they don't have to hide something they should publish them.

Last time I asked all 4 of them for feedback, two ignored me. One gave good feedback and another gave me one sentence of feedback. One other participant was also ignored by two judges.

You are twisting up things here in my opinion. The judges have spent loads of their time on judging these maps and we should thank them for it and appriciate it. We shouldn't espect any extra feedback or what so ever, but embrasse it when we do recieve some. I think its up to the judges themself to make their judgement public or not and wether they spent extra time on giving the mappers feedback or not. I am personally very curious about how each map scored, but dont bother if my curiousity cant be satisfied.聽But dam.. here we go again, discussing haha, lets avoid this shall we? And praise the gods that have made it to the first place聽馃檶

7 minutes ago, Roald said:

You are twisting up things here in my opinion. The judges have spent loads of their time on judging these maps and we should thank them for it and appriciate it.

Sure it is very kind of them to give extra feedback. But last time they told us beforehand that the judges will give feedback if we ask them. This time not, so I don't ask for it.

7 minutes ago, Roald said:

And praise the gods that have made it to the first place聽馃檶

No.

what are you going to do if you deem judges to have 'not taken their work seriously'?? This just opens up more for public interpretation which is stupid.

35 minutes ago, Vaya said:

what are you going to do if you deem judges to have 'not taken their work seriously'?? This just opens up more for public interpretation which is stupid.

I don't said they did not taken their work seriously. Publish the ratings is just one way to make sure they do. And it also prevents people to fantasize about bad things the judges could have done. Edit: I could think of several things, but I don't want to list them because I doubt something bad was going on.

Edited by Ringel

4 minutes ago, Ringel said:

I don't said they did not taken their work seriously. Publish the ratings is just one way to make sure they do. And it also prevents people to fantasize about bad things the judges could have done. Edit: I could think of several things, but I don't want to list them because I doubt something bad was going on.

I legit have no idea what you're talking about now.

I'll copy and paste puddy's reply from discord:

Okay, so I'm purely a judge in the sense that I did not help with the organizing, rules, format, guest judge recruitment etc. My only other contribution was checking the score totals last time and finding an error (hence top 11). Some points to consider folks: - This contest was organized voluntarily but still has a 15k dollar prize pool - Many involved community members served as participants (preventing them from helping "the other side" in organizing/judging) - All judges are volunteers & subjective - The scores will be averaged across the judges - preventing one judge from skewing things too much - The intention to bring in guest judges was likely to try to bring outside attention - attention that is VERY LIMITED for new maps in CS:GO - Most top 10 maps are top tier - there are many worthy maps here and, honestly, some maps aren't better or worse - just different and the end result will be average subjectivity - Being judged by a small clique is not the end all, be all - make players and VALVE happy and aim for community reception and operation inclusion - EDIT: Please submit concrete, constructive post-contest feedback on the forums

Yolo

on top of that here is Jzfb's scoring:

unknown.png

now what does this information add, do you get my point?

victoria has stuttering and buffer issues (still ongoing but not as severe). It was legit kicking people out of it until very recently. Graveyard's tilted floors were removed quickly when people reported these issues. I don't think there's any 'dev textures' now either.

Stop talking out of your ass.

Well, by showing the scores, the authors can see what they could/need to improve. Also people are just curious .

But other than that I would also like to address a suggestion/idea for future competitions. See, we now had a creative limitation (the map being exotic), but what about technical limitaions like "original assets only", "300 brushes max" or "not larger than 2048x2048x2048". It would offer a different kind of challange to map-making. Just a thought.

Edited by S.martin

3 minutes ago, Tynnyri said:

Read what I said again. I presumed that the scores were before the top 10 finalists, so saying they fixed something doesn't hold much value.

jzfb only submitted scores 2 days ago+ these scores were given realtime on his steam. stop presuming