DMU222

Corona Virus

On 3/28/2020 at 2:24 AM, 0kelvin said:

MAH.

First of all, from my quick skim none of them seems to be an epidemiologist – maybe I missed something. I can agree on some points, but then, like @RaVaGe says, I think to the 1000 deaths per day in my country. Or the 2 deaths per hour in New York.

When the fuck have these doctors seen fridge trucks outside the hospitals because morgues are full??

Also they sound a lot like this is a conspiracy and the rest of doctors are enjoying the attention they getting… if the economy goes to shit, nobody will be dancing.

I just had my first online class. Teacher was streaming from home and it was just like the regular classes.

I'm worried about the courses that require labs because you can't do anything without having access to the lab itself. This is going to screw everyone's schedule.

For the first night in 2 weeks ppl stopped demanding for the president to fall. He must have received some advice to stop claiming that the virus was not so serious and that ppl shouldn't be afraid to go out.

Edited by 0kelvin

12 hours ago, Minos said:

How is she doing?

She's doing better thanks. First couple of days didn't know which way it was gonna go but it settled into mild symptoms which is basically the worst case of flu you'll ever get. To say I was stressed was an understatement. 

I know of a couple that got it, they're in London. She had a fever for a week and a half, he had a cough for more or less the same time, their little daughter (3 years old) was asymptomatic. They're now almost fully recovered.

My friend in his 40s in Los Angeles is finally on the mend.  He got a covid19 test after the fact and it came out negative but his doctor (over Skype) said he does not think the tests are as accurate as they should be in that he believes they overreport negative by a lot.  It is also possible that it has been enough days since he recovered when he got tested that it should actually show up as negative.

Meanwhile, this same friend also got a covid19 antibody test, but he was told the results would take longer by a few days to get an answer. It is possible he may indeed test negative for covid19 but positive for the antibodies, which would obviously imply he did indeed have it and has gotten over it...and hopefully immune to future infection but (again obvious) we are still early in the science on understanding all that for sure.