Sign in to follow this  
DMU222

Corona Virus

This past friday marked week 1 of working from home and today was my wife's birthday. Usually we go for a walk around our complex, but today we had to get out of here, we drove south to a large wide open beach that I know for a fact is always empty, so its safe. Driving around, I noticed some people do not respect the 6 feet recommended social distancing, which is concerning. 

I think it's important to go out and get some fresh air, but I get the feeling many do still underestimate how transmissible that fucking virus is. If it were possible to make everyone self isolate for 14 days and/or keep six feet apart, epidemiologists say, the whole epidemic would sputter to a halt, but just as that "patient 31" story out of SK, all you need is one bad apple. This would only really work if everyone's on board, and unfortunately that's never going to happen here. It worked for china with their draconian ways of doing things of course... but here? I don't know man... from yesterday to today, confirmed cases in the US went from 24k to 34k. 

I think this will likely go on for months, you're going to start seeing a lot more national guard too. I've also been hearing about a lot of cases of cops stopping small groups of people on the streets and fining them I think around 100 bucks each, if they're not from the same household.

Here it's simple : 

You're outside for no reasons (the good ones are buying essential things like food, walk around where we live with our dog of for sport - and it has to be short) : you have a penalty (is it the word?) of 135€.

IF you're still seen outside after the first one you had (recurrence withing 15 days), you pay 1500€.

AND if after 4 times you're still seen outside (recurrence withing 30 days), you go to jail for 6 months.

As usual, people understand only when rules touch the wallet...and even with these rules, some are still enough stupids to go outside or organise party with friends.

Yeah @[HP], the rate doubles or almost doubles super quickly.

In italy they are now talking of not allowing to leave your municipality and to also put a stop to joggers/runners – because of course not all are responsible (plus seen with hate by those who would never think of running in normal conditions).

In UK parks are still open but BoJo implies they will have to close if people don’t behave, which the fuckers they won’t. So glad we moved last year in a house and have a bit of garden.

Worried about the internet collapsing. The world will go crazy in two days.

~
they finally announced in my office that we’ll go home as of today, work from home for those involved in e-commerce (phew, for the immediate I should be fine) and the others will be put on the redundancy list to access the government’s grant to cover salaries.

Fuck, I have the house contract rebewing this month, as well as the internet provider and gas+electric, for the internet and gas I wanted to change providers but now doesn’t seem doable, who the fuck will come set it up?

Edited by blackdog

99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says

The Rome-based institute has examined medical records of about 18% of the country’s coronavirus fatalities, finding that just three victims, or 0.8% of the total, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

image.png.899ae40e152bcd11ff60f806deb5e48c.png

3 hours ago, dux said:

Good chance my mum has contracted the virus. Pretty worried atm

Fuck, sorry to hear that dude, keep us posted. If she does have it, hopefully she falls under the category of mild symptoms like the majority of the people that get it.

6 hours ago, [HP] said:

Fuck, sorry to hear that dude, keep us posted. If she does have it, hopefully she falls under the category of mild symptoms like the majority of the people that get it.

Yeah so far it has been mild. I'm more anxious to see what it's like tomorrow, if it has gotten worse then it's time to really worry.

Some articles are stating that the lockdown should span 2 months. That a massive impact on everyone's lives and economy.

There is an ongoing war here with the President wanting to save the economy and the governators wanting to stop the vírus from spreading even more.

Edited by 0kelvin