DMU222

Corona Virus

5 hours ago, 0kelvin said:

Our president went to US to meet with Trump and now lots of ministers and senators have been infected. He's such a dum....

My gf (she's brazilian) told me he infected 22 people over there, even though he's claiming he's not infected by the Covid19 ... That guy xD ahah

For now it's okay in brazil but it's going to get bad real quick, brazilians should really take this more seriously 😕 Good luck 

What's all the commotion for @[HP]?

~

Some #coronavirus data
🇬🇧 4,014 infected, 178 deaths in less than 2 months (cf. 🇰🇷 8,652 infected, 100 deaths in over 3 months)
🇬🇧 6 ICUs per 100k citizens (cf. 🇮🇹 12.5)
🇬🇧 25k tests per day on 67.2 million citizens (cf. 🇮🇹 (one region) 11k for 4.9 million citizens)

Does the below look like chaos? How will the NHS cope with less than half the Intensive Care beds available to the three EU countries with most cases?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hell-coming-mathematical-proof-185019616.html

Right now 2 million Americans are infected with the coronavirus. The total U.S. death toll by April 15th will be more than 20,000. We estimate that 80 thousand of the 2 million infected Americans will be hospitalized over the next 2 weeks. That’s why we are short-term bullish on hospital stocks.”

19 hours ago, [HP] said:

This is fake. That didn't happen this year, it was from another time and something unrelated to the current virus.

Holy.... What did the american government do? The number of infected in the US is alarming.

Edited by 0kelvin

4 hours ago, 0kelvin said:

Holy.... What did the american government do? The number of infected in the US is alarming.

That may be linked in part to faulty early tests
https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/early-coronavirus-cdc-tests-distinguish-covid-water-2020-3

Early CDC tests couldn't distinguish between the coronavirus and water

Edited by mryeah

4 hours ago, 0kelvin said:

Denial and shift blaming.

It’s baffling, Trump would have most likely won the election, but underplaying this he pretty much threw it away. Maybe he was tired of winning.

I took some pictures here in Lyon when I went to buy some stuff...it's really really a strange thing to live with and in the same time it feels good. You can hear birds and no cars, you breathe...yeah, these are the good things in all of this mess.

Videogames are an essential good. This is a great recognisant that comes from … GameStop 😒 WTAF 

Friend shared this graph with me, finally looks like the hard measures in Italy and Spain are resulting in a slight softening of the curve. Also saw a tweet Friday that China had no new cases? 🤔

4DD2F7AB-6489-428C-9E07-EB08BF3D7FE7.jpeg.7434435402839df4fecb3a6ce1c7e953.jpeg

On 3/21/2020 at 1:16 PM, El Moroes said:

I took some pictures here in Lyon when I went to buy some stuff...it's really really a strange thing to live with and in the same time it feels good. You can hear birds and no cars, you breathe...yeah, these are the good things in all of this mess.

Cool pics!

Last week I had a case of cabin fever and had to go for a walk on the bike path near where I live (it has a lot of bushes, trees, a small creek etc...). It was a Wednesday afternoon and I had never seen it so crowded before, so many families and couples walking around. Was a bit surreal. I went to Laguna Beach on Saturday and saw many people acting like nothing is happening,  playing volleyball and basketbal, waiting in a long line for milk shakes... While I appreciated we could go to the beach and enjoy a nice walk on a sunny day, I also don't believe that authorities will allow that to happen much longer...