DMU222

Corona Virus

11 hours ago, kleinluka said:

Well, starting to work from home tomorrow. This is gonna be interesting. 

Canada closed its borders today to anyone that is not a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or (strangely) a US citizen. This is far from over I think but at least with the majority of people staying home maybe there is a chance we can regain control of the situation. Stay strong frens. ❤️ 

My thought when thinking of Canada is that should be easier to contain, apart from the big cities the population is so spread apart that you are already "self-isolated". I was just thinking of the 2hrs drive every morning i was doing to get into Jasper...

~

We are gearing for home working, we can only hold on the hope that we have ecommerce business and that should survive much more easily than the clinics. Who's gonna want to go out and have their lips jacked up or their hair pubes removed. They are looking at a 18 months semi-closure so surely they are gonna have to close clinics unless the government suspends or finds a way to mitigate mortgages and rents.

Our company was sold in January just before the virus started spreading, the previous owners (some didn't even want to sell) must feel like they've won the jackpot.

Edited by blackdog

I tried yesterday at home but with the kid and a bad VPN, it was impossible 😅

This morning I'm at work because I have a medical appointment and I need a new display (can see shit with only one, captain)

I have to take care of my kid at the same time as my wife absolutely need to go to work 😑

Started working from home this week. I'm very fortunate to be able to do so, so many people can't afford that (must suck to work at groceries or restaurants now...). Let's see how this goes, so far it's not bad, reminds me a bit of the Half-Life modding days when we stayed in touch through IRC :D 

Yeah for sure, let's make the most out of it... I'm actually having a great time, not going to lie, being home and to be able to take a 10 minute break and play on the carpet with my son is a pretty good and heartwarming experience.

If you have some spare processing power in your beefy gaming rigs you can help running simulations on COVID-19 proteins in this Stanford University project:

https://foldingathome.org/2020/03/15/coronavirus-what-were-doing-and-how-you-can-help-in-simple-terms/

helping us run simulations is the primary way to contribute. These calculations are enormous and every little bit helps! Each simulation you run is like buying a lottery ticket. The more tickets we buy, the better our chances of hitting the jackpot. Usually, your computer will never be idle, but we’ve had such an enthusiastic response to our COVID-19 work that you will see some intermittent downtime as we sprint to setup more simulations. Please be patient with us! There is a lot of valuable science to be done, and we’re getting it running as quickly as we can

Shit! Now they are closing all malls, theaters, museums, stores, gyms. All shows and sports events suspended. With 3 deaths they are taking severe measures.

Edited by 0kelvin

5 minutes ago, 0kelvin said:

Shit! Now they are closing all malls, theaters, museums, stores, gyms. All shows and sports events suspended. With 3 deaths they are taking severe measures.

Yeah man... Well, Italy was at 3 deaths less than a month ago, now nearly 400 people a day are dying. I think these severe measures are very much needed, and I'm glad and positively surprised by how fast all of these governments are moving to protect everyone from exponential contagion, you wanna flatten the curve as much as possible.

17 hours ago, [HP] said:

Yeah man... Well, Italy was at 3 deaths less than a month ago, now nearly 400 people a day are dying. I think these severe measures are very much needed, and I'm glad and positively surprised by how fast all of these governments are moving to protect everyone from exponential contagion, you wanna flatten the curve as much as possible.

Fast? :laugh: They had 1+ month to prepare but did nothing while China had 800 million people in lockdown.. we're playing catch up.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51701039

It all began in China, but see what some religions do?

The number of deaths here in increasing. 7 now. Now they are announcing the suspension of some taxes, giving money for some special cases of poverty and such. Ppl living in slums are under the severe risk due to many factors (smaller homes, less water, poor envrionmental conditions, etc)

Some doctors here are heavly criticizing all the attention given to the corona virus because there are other diases much more dangerous than it. Dengue fever for instance.

Edited by 0kelvin