Corona Virus

dmu

On 8/1/2021 at 3:16 PM, Pericolos0 said:

you have the right not to get vaccinated but that choice doesn't deserve any respect lmao

The only thing that doesn't deserve respect here are your posts. They are nothing but attacks, bullying and humiliation of people that have different opinions than you. You don't even back your opinions with useful information that might persuade others to understand your point... you just try to make others look like fools and retards 🤦‍♂️ 

Telling people to take loaded guns out of their mouths? What are you, the king? Don’t be disrespectful

97% of people hospitalized for COVID-19 are unvaccinated, and you know what? They’re right. They’re cool. They’re actually badass. They make good decisions, and everyone else is just salty. Shout out to all my intubated homies. Why would you want to use your own shitty lungs when a machine can breathe for you? 

1 hour ago, RaVaGe said:

It would be fun if it wasn't that wrong, actually vaccinated people spread as much as others, or even more as they think they're vacc so it's ok anyway...

Source?

From everything I could gather, vaccinated people with breakthrough cases are likely just as infectious as unvaccinated people.
However symptomatic cases and likely also asymptomatic cases are much less likely among vaccinated. There don't seem to be clear studies comparing the risks of infection from vaccinated vs unvaccinated people, however the data we do have suggests that the vaccinated to pose a lower risk to those around them.

Because breakthrough cases still do occur in the vaccinated and because we cannot rule out infectious but asymptomatic cases entirely it is still recommended for vaccinated people to wear masks and practice good hygiene and social distancing.

So from what I can tell no clear numbers saying that the vaccinated are fully safe but there is a clear trend towards reduced risk through vaccination. Certainly nothing that says that vaccinated people are somehow a greater risk to others.

Speaking from a purely personal perspective, to me it looks like the people getting their vaccines are also the same people that already were quite conscious of the risk to them and to others. They are the type of people that always kept distance, wore their masks properly and still do with some mask mandates lifted.

However there seems to be significant overlap between the people that engage in dangerous behavior during the pandemic and those that are still doubtful of the vaccines and refuse getting it for non medical reasons.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and call bs on your claim. I think the people that refuse protection and show poor decision making regarding the pandemic are likely the larger risk.

51 minutes ago, csWaldo said:

Source?

From everything I could gather, vaccinated people with breakthrough cases are likely just as infectious as unvaccinated people.
However symptomatic cases and likely also asymptomatic cases are much less likely among vaccinated. There don't seem to be clear studies comparing the risks of infection from vaccinated vs unvaccinated people, however the data we do have suggests that the vaccinated to pose a lower risk to those around them.

Because breakthrough cases still do occur in the vaccinated and because we cannot rule out infectious but asymptomatic cases entirely it is still recommended for vaccinated people to wear masks and practice good hygiene and social distancing.

So from what I can tell no clear numbers saying that the vaccinated are fully safe but there is a clear trend towards reduced risk through vaccination. Certainly nothing that says that vaccinated people are somehow a greater risk to others.

Speaking from a purely personal perspective, to me it looks like the people getting their vaccines are also the same people that already were quite conscious of the risk to them and to others. They are the type of people that always kept distance, wore their masks properly and still do with some mask mandates lifted.

However there seems to be significant overlap between the people that engage in dangerous behavior during the pandemic and those that are still doubtful of the vaccines and refuse getting it for non medical reasons.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and call bs on your claim. I think the people that refuse protection and show poor decision making regarding the pandemic are likely the larger risk.

In french, but I think well educated people like you can understand it perfectly.

However symptomatic cases and likely also asymptomatic cases are much less likely among vaccinated.

Source ?

Never said the opposite, no idea why you talk about that completely different topic, you kinda enjoy walling text for no purpose I guess. So fun to see you directly elude the whole point and slip again the 'unvacc people are danger to society and must be shut down at all cost'.

1 hour ago, dux said:

Insulting me already for saying get vaccinated? Thanks buddy. Say's a lot.

Answering with a snide remark ? Say's a lot.

3 minutes ago, RaVaGe said:

In french, but I think well educated people like you can understand it perfectly.

Source ?

Never said the opposite, no idea why you talk about that completely different topic, you kinda enjoy walling text for no purpose I guess. So fun to see you directly elude the whole point and slip again the 'unvacc people are danger to society and must be shut down at all cost'.

get a brain?

17 minutes ago, RaVaGe said:

Youtube videos generally make poor sources and my french is a little rusty.

But from what I can gather this video talks skeptically about about the efficacy of the covid vaccines for all groups while absolutely recommending them for those at risk. That's a valid point to talk about but given that most major institutions and countries recommend the vaccine for most age groups I'd rather go with that recommendation over the one from this particular institution.

Can you please point me to the part where he is talking about vaccinated people being a larger risk towards others compared to the unvaccinated?

22 minutes ago, RaVaGe said:

Source ?

It's in english but I think well educated people like you can read 😉

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/fully-vaccinated-people.html
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02054-z

22 minutes ago, RaVaGe said:

What I said was exactly on topic. Vaccinated people are not risk free for others, but from the data we have they are for sure a lower risk for themselves and very likely a lower risk for others.

I also never said "unvacc people are danger to society and must be shut down at all cost". I was merely calling bs on your claim that vaccinated people somehow pose are larger risk of infection to others. Stop attacking a straw man.

26 minutes ago, RaVaGe said:

Your posts deserve snide.

I'm closing this thread as it has outlived its initial usefulness and has been reduced to mostly personal attacks and misinformation, neither of which have a place on Mapcore.

If any mods disagree with my decision feel free to open up a discussion in the Staff section of the forum.