Corona Virus

dmu

41 minutes ago, csWaldo said:

I was in a car crash once and didn't get hurt at all. Its weird seeing the measures the entire planet is taking on traffic control after having been in one.
ūüėõ

Definitely the same thing.

covid's has a ~1% fatality rate. This doesn't sound too back until you factor in:

A) how transmittable it is
B) what it can do to a healthy person's respiratory system

I work in a hospital, seen scans of young people being absolutely decimated by this virus. If stuff stayed fully open millions would have died and millions more would have life changing affects.

I felt terrible from shot 1 of Moderna, supposedly a walk in the park compared to shot 2. I would not want to feel that bad for weeks or months on end. Just based on that small experience it seems obvious to me that COVID would be very unpleasant. But some people barely have any reaction to the first shot. People are all different.

9 hours ago, Bunglo said:

I had covid back at the start of February. Had I not lost most of my sense of taste, I wouldn't have known I had it. I had to take a nap every now and then, I had hangovers that were worse. It was nothing for me, so it's very strange seeing the measures the entire planet took and is still taking after having had it.

Edit: I also had what's known has covid toes a few weeks after quarantine. It's an inflammation in your toes caused by a your immune systems response or something. Usually occurs in people who have little to no symptoms, such as myself. Apparently some people test negative for the virus and get it as well. 

Supposedly viral load is a factor in COVID. In other words if you are sneezed on by someone and intake a large viral load, you could get quite sick compared to how you would react if you came into contact with much lower quantities of the virus.

Its possible that you had limited exposure to the virus, enough to make an impact, but not enough to cause severe illness.

4 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

Supposedly viral load is a factor in COVID. In other words if you are sneezed on by someone and intake a large viral load, you could get quite sick compared to how you would react if you came into contact with much lower quantities of the virus.

That's how it was for me, I was in contact with a COVID positive person for short amount of time and then I isolated afterwards. Took a week to get over.

A friend of mine decided to isolate with his COVID positive girlfriend to help her out (even though her case was pretty mild) and for him it was a rather bad experience (serves him right for being so dumb).

2 minutes ago, Buddy said:

A friend of mine decided to isolate with his COVID positive girlfriend to help her out (even though her case was pretty mild) and for him it was a rather bad experience (serves him right for being so dumb).

They could have not caught it/have any reaction, no? (Carriers etc)

11 hours ago, csWaldo said:

Yeah it is. Just cause you did not get it bad does not mean it is not dangerous or worth strictly regulating.

I said it was strange after having it, not that it wasn't dangerous or worth strictly regulating. The virus that shut the world down made my burrito from chipotle taste bland. I'm not against vaccines, I'm not against the measures put in place by some countries. I do, however, raise an eyebrow to these things. Like others have said, who the hell knows what we did right or wrong, I have no idea. 

7 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Its possible that you had limited exposure to the virus, enough to make an impact, but not enough to cause severe illness.

I've heard of this as well and I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

22 hours ago, blackdog said:

They could have not caught it/have any reaction, no? (Carriers etc)

She had it from living the YOLO, he got it from her during the isolation and his case was much much worse... probably from inhaling that stuff 24/7 rather than just being exposed for a short period of time.

17 hours ago, Bunglo said:

I said it was strange after having it, not that it wasn't dangerous or worth strictly regulating. The virus that shut the world down made my burrito from chipotle taste bland. I'm not against vaccines, I'm not against the measures put in place by some countries. I do, however, raise an eyebrow to these things. Like others have said, who the hell knows what we did right or wrong, I have no idea. 

No hurt feelings :D
"I did not get it bad so it's strange seeing all the restrictions" is just a silly thing to say on its own and I couldn't keep myself back from commenting on it ūüėõ

On 4/15/2021 at 2:48 PM, Minos said:

Sorry to hear about that. I was in a similar situation, haven't been back to Brazil in years and bought tickets to go with my gf last year. We were supposed to fly in April, but then covid hit. Looks like we won't be able to go for a while :S 

This shit seems to keep coming and going in waves...

I was planning to visit family in october 2019, delayed the trip to march 2020 because of a busy time at work.. Then covid happened. Been 3 years since I've been back home :(. Meanwhile I got vaccinated last week here in the US but my parents (both 60+) still don't know when they will be in Belgium. Hope I'll be able to travel before Christmas.

It's been an weird time. For me and my fiancee its not been too bad, we've been blessed to have a small bubble of good friends we've been hanging out with, and actually did a lot of camping and road trips. Feeling a weird guilt when I talk to family in Belgium, where they've had very strict measures, not allowing people to travel or have gatherings for a long time. 

39 minutes ago, Pericolos0 said:

I was planning to visit family in october 2019, delayed the trip to march 2020 because of a busy time at work.. Then covid happened. Been 3 years since I've been back home :(. Meanwhile I got vaccinated last week here in the US but my parents (both 60+) still don't know when they will be in Belgium. Hope I'll be able to travel before Christmas.

It's been an weird time. For me and my fiancee its not been too bad, we've been blessed to have a small bubble of good friends we've been hanging out with, and actually did a lot of camping and road trips. Feeling a weird guilt when I talk to family in Belgium, where they've had very strict measures, not allowing people to travel or have gatherings for a long time. 

It's been hell in Belgium for a while now, as I work in Luxembourg I needed to fill a derogation just to cross the country, a lot of things are closed, and the gov keeps taking retarded decisions that change overnight, like sometimes you can only see 2 people (lol), then you can see 5, then it comes back to 2.

Just pure retarded country, at least it's not worse than France on that subject.

BTW in Belgium we have a whopping amount of 2.800 reanimation beds ūüėā

Edited by RaVaGe

• 5 weeks later...

Met a girl last year in January, she lives in Malmö and i am 250 kilometers north from her. It is weird that we haven't been able to date outside, having dinner in a restaurant and visiting places.

Luckily we are both like two senior citizens and enjoy being at home together eating food and watching some silly tv show. We just bought a crappy house we hope to restore :)

Never ever thought i would be in such a happy relationship after my previous ones, so i am grateful!

Got my first dose a week ago or so, (Pfizer), arm hurt like i had gotten punched by my brother for two days but other than that i feel great.

Apparantly in Sweden, i was eligible for the vaccince even tho i am 38 because i have high blood pressure. Apparantly that is a risk factor.

Getting my second shot mid june! I hope that it is the beginning to normalcy. 

Got a needle stuck in my arm and booted back out the door all in 15 minutes. Like Tisky said, my arm hurts like someone punched me with all their might.

I'm not expecting anything to go back to what you guys consider normal for quite a while. 

Majority of my friends are pretty fucked up now. Two of them are now full blown agoraphobic and are both on heavy ass medication just to function. My 3rd friend is in therapy and my 4th friend is self medicating with the special herb and I don't feel too amazing but I haven't needed to resort to therapy or meds. They should of kept the gyms open, the specific rules for some things were just daft. And I love the British news headlines "Soon you can hug again!" Oh fuck off.

Looking forward to seeing the mental health fallout explosion from this.

Edited by dux

2 hours ago, dux said:

Got a needle stuck in my arm and booted back out the door all in 15 minutes. Like Tisky said, my arm hurts like someone punched me with all their might.

I'm not expecting anything to go back to what you guys consider normal for quite a while. 

Majority of my friends are pretty fucked up now. Two of them are now full blown agoraphobic and are both on heavy ass medication just to function. My 3rd friend is in therapy and my 4th friend is self medicating with the special herb and I don't feel too amazing but I haven't needed to resort to therapy or meds. They should of kept the gyms open, the specific rules for some things were just daft. And I love the British news headlines "Soon you can hug again!" Oh fuck off.

Looking forward to seeing the mental health fallout explosion from this.

Sorry to hear times are tough for you. If you get tired of UK gloom, in California there's someone that loves you...

image.png.97c3e29482f46e682ad6b7eb072ee905.png

(saw that on my way to groceries lol)