Corona Virus

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey long time Mapcorians...I come back here regularly to read...much less regularly to post.  I think now warrants a post: 1) I have several people in my circle who have had this.  (a) My long ti

Sorry to hear times are tough for you. If you get tired of UK gloom, in California there's someone that loves you... (saw that on my way to groceries lol)

She's doing better thanks. First couple of days didn't know which way it was gonna go but it settled into mild symptoms which is basically the worst case of flu you'll ever get. To say I was stressed

Posted Images

70610132_1_large.jpg

clinicamedica1369.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_medicine

I can't belive how easy it is to deceive people. This type of non convenctional medicine is spreading like crazy. To make it more astonishing is the fact that professionals holding degrees from famous medical schools are beliving in that.

The pictures presented are pretty, like those from the textbooks. The graphs that such devices produce are convincing. How can you diagnose a person just by holding his or her hand? That's not science! That's pure faith.

I was reading the front page of one of such clinics near my home that advertise quantum healing. They offer that thing shown above, but with headphones instead. The page says "every disease and malfunction is known by the brain and by detecting certain wave patterns you can diagnose what is causing that malfunction". What? So they belive that the subconscious stores information about cancer for instance? There is no such thing as eliminating a virus from your body just because you have the will to.

Edited by 0kelvin
On 3/4/2020 at 9:24 PM, dmu said:

Just curious to see how the Corona Virus is affecting the lives of level designers around the world. I haven't quarantined yet, but it seems imminent that everything will soon come to a crawl. (kind of like the final moments of a round of Plague Inc.) What are your thoughts and feelings on the Virus?

What a year!
I have:
 - Released 0 new levels
 - Binge watched 30+ tv series
 - Got into digital illustration

Seems like things are finally starting to go back to normal where I live (give or take 2-3 months), but this has been both a disappointing and enlightening experience for me c;

I hope everyone else is still safe and returning back to normal soon!

My mum got her shot last Saturday, was a bit worried since she has done 6 months chemio until December, but had no symptoms after. Dad been vaccinated too before her. (Italy)

We haven’t heard anything for our area (SE UK), but I’m not looking forward for things to go back 😬 I’ve only just started working from home, returning to normal means having to move up north because of the new job. They were talking of a slow re-entry, then just back to work in June (if possible)… I heard something on a call about looking to return after Easter?(!) I hope that means for those willing.

21 hours ago, blackdog said:

Unfortunately for me wasn’t as fun as the pandemic chapter, but hey.

Yeah we started watching it and it's on point but not as funny as the Pandemic special.  I guess just not enough Randy in the first 10 minutes (that's all we watched cause we have kids and fall asleep quickly when watching TV after 10 pm).  Is there more Randy later in the episode? Wait don't tell me.

Meanwhile:

<rant>

We know a lot of people in 20s/30s/40s gaming the system saying they are in critical IT services or childcare or something to get them eligible for the vaccine in various parts of California and other states when in fact they are not in those fields nor do they have any other condition that would make them eligible. Or they know people and are getting sneaked in the front of the line. Around where we live all the pharmacies are being very strict about verifying claims of eligibility so my wife and I can't get vaccine yet. So we are a little pissed off that people we know are gaming the system and being total douches. I mean, if I can get it in the next few weeks anyway I'm not going to care that much but it just rubs me the wrong way. My parents got vaccinated which is great but goddamn I really want to hang out with them in their house and have a meal with them already. My mom has legit cooking skills and is bursting to cook for us again. (My parents have some underlying risk factors for severe covid and FFS we are not taking any chances of accidental exposure even if they got the vaccine so we all agreed not to get together indoor without masks until my wife and I get vaccinated.)

Yeah I know...first world problem here.

</rant>

• 4 weeks later...

This is great stuff, there's an end to this

My girlfriend has been willing to go back to her place in brazil, to meet her family and friends, the last time she went there was more than 2 years now.
We've been acting as the "good students" from the beginning of that pandemic, working fully remotely since the beginning, following all the sanitary measures.

In the beginning of 2021 we decided she had to go back there for vacation, it's been too long and it's worrying for her, for her mental health it matters a lot.

A flight was planned for this Saturday, 1-month vacations, and 2 days ago the french government decided to put a stop to any flight between France and Brazil (no tourism trip is allowed for quite some time already, this time it's targeting all the flights).

This is bad and Brazil politics is absolutely nuts so it's not going to get better magically any time soon.

Vaccine won't be before the end of the year for us; no official waiting list is made anyway ...

I'm glad to see some of you getting it, that's really important. Thank you

57 minutes ago, leplubodeslapin said:

This is great stuff, there's an end to this

My girlfriend has been willing to go back to her place in brazil, to meet her family and friends, the last time she went there was more than 2 years now.
We've been acting as the "good students" from the beginning of that pandemic, working fully remotely since the beginning, following all the sanitary measures.

In the beginning of 2021 we decided she had to go back there for vacation, it's been too long and it's worrying for her, for her mental health it matters a lot.

A flight was planned for this Saturday, 1-month vacations, and 2 days ago the french government decided to put a stop to any flight between France and Brazil (no tourism trip is allowed for quite some time already, this time it's targeting all the flights).

This is bad and Brazil politics is absolutely nuts so it's not going to get better magically any time soon.

Vaccine won't be before the end of the year for us; no official waiting list is made anyway ...

I'm glad to see some of you getting it, that's really important. Thank you

Sorry to hear about that. I was in a similar situation, haven't been back to Brazil in years and bought tickets to go with my gf last year. We were supposed to fly in April, but then covid hit. Looks like we won't be able to go for a while :S 

This shit seems to keep coming and going in waves...

11 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Got my vaccine, this thing hurt my arm like a motherfucker. Low level flu symptoms the next day, I can only imagine what Covid really feels like

I had covid back at the start of February. Had I not lost most of my sense of taste, I wouldn't have known I had it. I had to take a nap every now and then, I had hangovers that were worse. It was nothing for me, so it's very strange seeing the measures the entire planet took and is still taking after having had it.

Edit: I also had what's known has covid toes a few weeks after quarantine. It's an inflammation in your toes caused by a your immune systems response or something. Usually occurs in people who have little to no symptoms, such as myself. Apparently some people test negative for the virus and get it as well. 

Edited by Bunglo