DMU222

Corona Virus

Are they thinking crazy measures elsewhere too? I heard some idiotic propositions from Italy, like have a separator through the table… to distance the person you came in with??

Same in schools they seem to be considering creating little cubicles as if the children were in a call centre… and to have half class go to school, the other half attend remotely, and swap every day 🤯

4 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Are they thinking crazy measures elsewhere too? I heard some idiotic propositions from Italy, like have a separator through the table… to distance the person you came in with??

Lmao. We’re so fucked

4 minutes ago, 0kelvin said:

Past 1,5 million cases and now the president himself is part of it.

What president? You talking about bolsonaro?

8 minutes ago, 0kelvin said:

Yes, him.

I see a lot of people celebrating the fact that he got infected, which I think is repulsive. I don't wish harm on anyone, not even my "enemies". But such are the times that we live in, where being a bad person is somehow a good answer towards other evils. Two wrongs don't make a right. 
Also, he's far from being the first nation leader to get infected, this virus doesn't discriminate.

On 7/8/2020 at 12:02 AM, [HP] said:

I see a lot of people celebrating the fact that he got infected, which I think is repulsive. I don't wish harm on anyone, not even my "enemies". But such are the times that we live in, where being a bad person is somehow a good answer towards other evils. Two wrongs don't make a right. 
Also, he's far from being the first nation leader to get infected, this virus doesn't discriminate.

Careful dude, with that kinda attitude, you're gonna get cancelled by the internet! How dare you have a difference of opinion?! 😱

YOU MUST CONFORM

5 hours ago, PogoP said:

Careful dude, with that kinda attitude, you're gonna get cancelled by the internet! How dare you have a difference of opinion?! 😱

YOU MUST CONFORM

image.png.41c94c9275fe1a0580940d5a7f864111.png

On 7/8/2020 at 12:02 AM, [HP] said:

He’s not the first but he’s one of those that most vehemently said the virus was a joke.

The problem now is that if he gets off easily, he’ll pass as a visionary leader.

Anyway, looks like the virus might have much longer lasting effects on the affected: https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg24632881-400-why-strange-and-debilitating-coronavirus-symptoms-can-last-for-months/

On 6/23/2020 at 1:46 PM, RaVaGe said:

Sad to see how the governments are infantilizing the populations atm, for what ? Protecting 65-70+ people ?

You would be singing a different tune if you lost someone to this. In Sweden you could say we have been sacrificing the elderly so the rest of the country can remain open. There are moral and ethical downsides to this but our economy is doing fine compared to the rest of the world. It's too early to say if we made the right choice but our neighbour countries have been much better off with their measures 

Edited by Vorontsov

1 hour ago, Vorontsov said:

You would be singing a different tune if you lost someone to this. In Sweden you could say we have been sacrificing the elderly so the rest of the country can remain open. There are moral and ethical downsides to this but our economy is doing fine compared to the rest of the world. It's too early to say if we made the right choice but our neighbour countries have been much better off with their measures 

So in your logic, if elderly people can't go out -> then nobody can.

I'm all for social distancing, being pretty carefull with handwashing etc (masks aren't used properly so they're a bit useless except in some situations).

But I don't believe that you understand the economical realities behind shuting down entire countries, just look at what central banks have been puting on the table to keep the whole system afloat. It is just not sustainable over a long term period.